Apr 25, 2013
Bexhill-on-sea
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about a fishing liscence for my wife while we are on our travels around France. We like to stop by canals and rivers. Irene just fishes for fun (tiddlers - not for the pot).

Thanks,

Bob

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes you need a license for each department (area) you want to fish in. You can buy daily, 2wks and yearly licenses and the prices do vary.

As mentioned the real pain is that you need to buy for each area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
thats funny i always tiddlers in the pot not heard about having a French licence though

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Any Chasse Peche ( hunting, fishing) shop sells licences. Sometimes you will see a sign outside a farm or house saying they sell licences.
You can always ask in local Mairie or local Tabac Presse usually knows everything.

The money you pay local stays local and benefits the community.

OP
OP
S
Apr 25, 2013
Bexhill-on-sea
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
Hi all,

I phoned the French Embassy who told me to get in touch with the French Tourist Board. I sent them an e-mail and got the following response (very promptly). The link is the real deal and even enables you to buy a liscence on-line and print it off. It enables you to extend the coverage of the liscence beyond the area you have bought it for - so great for touring.

Once again thanks for all your help and interest.

Have fun,

Bob

Dear Mr Mitchell,

Please visit the official website of Fishing licence delivery in France: http://en.cartedepeche.fr/
You must buy a licence for the department where you want to fish and select local association. You can buy a fishing licence for a day, a week, or a year and can buy it online and print it and download the fishing guide of the department.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
Richard FIOLKA
Information Officer

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Bob I was in the process of sending you the link but we had the nurse call to take the wife blood samples...plus a few phone calls ..sorry....but it seems you have already have it....
NO you do not have to a licence for every region it all changed several years ago...first it was the mid and south of France coverage...this allowed you to fish with 4 rods ..but the northern regions 1 to 2 rods...then two years ago it was the whole of France...4 rods....BUT the fishing Tackle shops did not and do not know about it even Decathlon:Doh: still think and try to sell a single region ticket/licence:cry:....I send to Paris for mine for the whole of France...the price for my last licence was 86 euros....this covers you for rivers and canals for certain fish ...at I think sun up to sun down...
Private ponds are different:Eeek:

this was the link I was going to send you
http://en.cartedepeche.fr/52-liste-des-cartes.htm

http://www.cartedepeche.fr/

Mel

http://en.cartedepeche.fr/52-liste-des-cartes.htm

We was parked at Bexhill on sea last september....on the De la Warr Parade ...very nice it was to
Mel

Last edited:

treeman

Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
poole
Funster No
MH
'86 Classical Designs
Exp
relative newbie
Just to backup what Mel said, you can buy a national license or just the regional one. Bought mine last month, 89 Euro for national license. I think it works out about 64 Euro for the regional and 25 euro extra to add national coverage. Available from nearly all fishing tackle shops and Decathlon sports shops.

A good buy is a Carte Vacance, 30 Euro, covers nearly all the country and is valid for 15 consecutive days, but in some regions they're not available until 1st June onwards - not sure why!

Good thing is there are so many public lakes and rivers that they then allow you to fish. When you visit a region, all the tackle shops or sports shops normally have a booklet containing pages and pages of rivers and lakes you can fish - all free if you have a license.

We have had our licenses checked a few times, more than in the UK, and they turn up in pairs and any problems the Gendarmes are next to arrive.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back