Memory foam toppers (1 Viewer)

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Starting to prepare for my post retirement trip and have been looking for info on memory foam toppers but failed to find posts. What do all advise? We are so used to memory foam mattress at home and although current mattress in the MH is ok we plan to spend much more time traveling and plan to buy some toppers.

I know that memory foam can be very warm and has anyone got recommendation for ones with cool covers please?

Kath (and Howie)

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Raskelf

The best of the bunch

Not cheap just beter than the rest IMO

Mel

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
we use a 2" topper fitted with extra covers (which we use as the bottom sheet , just unzipps to remove to wash), we bought this 18 months ago and has been fantastic ,its just rolled up after each use, just be careful from who you buy from

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Raskelf is the best, we've tried cheaper ones but they are not as comfy and get hot. In all the years of motorhome ownership the Raskelf is easily the best "extra" we ever bought :thumb:

The V10 Squad

Free Member
Jul 11, 2011
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Four Winds B class
Exp
Jan 2010
Starting to prepare for my post retirement trip and have been looking for info on memory foam toppers but failed to find posts. What do all advise? We are so used to memory foam mattress at home and although current mattress in the MH is ok we plan to spend much more time traveling and plan to buy some toppers.

I know that memory foam can be very warm and has anyone got recommendation for ones with cool covers please?

Kath (and Howie)

We have just bought one expensive but good, don't buy cheap version would recommend king size as bought double not really big enough Steph :Smile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
If you send Liz at Raskelf the size you need .

They will make it for you.

If you ever have to cut it yourself use a electric breadknife.

It does work .

I did this when Raskelf sent one that was the wrong size.

And it was easier to send a smaller cover in the post than swap the hole thing.

Very customer friendly.

Mel

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
If you send Liz at Raskelf the size you need .

They will make it for you.

If you ever have to cut it yourself use a electric breadknife.

It does work .

I did this when Raskelf sent one that was the wrong size.

And it was easier to send a smaller cover in the post than swap the hole thing.

Very customer friendly.

Mel

They weren't very customer friendly when I got mine & part of the seam stitching was not done :Sad: Simply told me to send the whole thing back, not even a sorry!

Stitched it myself as too expensive to return, it is however nice & comfy.

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Im a bit tight when it comes to things like this however at one of the shows the wine got the better of me and the wife of course. So we bought two duvalays

Have to say best night sleep ever

Aug 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Jonic

We have had 4 sets of toppers in or motorhoming career we have always used Jonic who are based in Morecambe; their products good and their customer service is exemplary. Have never used Raskelf so can’t comment on either their product or service. I have two brand new single bed Jonic memory foam mattresses for sale on this site the chances of them fitting your van would be a thousand to one but it’s worth a look (no I am not trying to sell them to you)!

Expect to pay just over £200.00 pounds for two tailored singles; I suspect a double would be a similar price. We had to get over the age of 55 to discover that it’s not worth skimping on comfort especially if you are away for a few weeks at a time. Putting it succinctly we think toppers are worth buying.
Good luck

Kath (and Howie)

OP
OP
M

Madwife

Deleted User
Thanks for all the advice. I ordered a double bed size from douvalay and fitted it last night. We had the best nights sleep of the week and look forward to many more! :thumb:

Kind regards

Kath (and Howie)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Home Bargains at the mo have got Silentnight toppers-cheap. Also what about Duvalay always can be bought on a deal?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back