Benimar habitation fuses (waste valve) where to find???!! (1 Viewer)

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
Hi guys

Losing will to live.
Help please.
Problem with electric waste-valve on '04 Benimar A Top 7000. Imported Spanish job, LH drive.
Found earth wire to waste valve perished, assume need to check fuse as well to repair. CAN'T FIND CHUFFING FUSE! V.basic Benimar guide suggests there are 5 fuses "under driver seat", one of which should be for waste valve ("brown wire leading from it" apparently, others for fridge, stabiliser legs, step etc.) - nothing under seats, checked all round leisure battery (should be near that, surely?) which is under passenger seat. Looked all over - waste valve is located towards front on (our) near side. Looked under seating etc. am I just being stupid?
Q2 - if earth wire has perished, am i wasting time looking for a fuse - i.e. is there a chance the whole unit is knackered anyway (sorry don't do electrics).
BTW - there is a 6" square-ish plate in front of (L/H) driver seat, screwed in, with another metal one under it (again screwed in). Did not want to dig any further down as assumed it was access for transmission or something. Can't be fuse access surely? It's a bugger to unscrew...
No manual override for the thing, so prob is a bit pressing as you can imagine..
Any help out there from any electrophiles?
Thanks

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Now that's strange , I have just had that panel up, wondered what was under it, thought it might be a safe or something, if you get the next one up there is a plastic dish sort of thing but nowt else, strange , does anyone know what it's for.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Might well be the place for fuses on yours

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
on earlier Fiats the panel in the floor allowed access to the fuel tank sender unit.

maybe just a throwback to an earlier model which used the same floor panels as the later models.

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
There is a fuse bank on the control panel and a second bank behind the drivers seat on the "B" pillar, normally hidden behind the long cab curtains.

Try both sides on a Left hand drive:winky:

Hope that this helps.

For the record your split charge relay is in a box, screwed to the chassis up behind the engine. Follow the secondary wire from the alternator to find it.

Eddie (the font of all knowledge :winky:)

OP
OP
G

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
OP
OP
G

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two
There is a fuse bank on the control panel and a second bank behind the drivers seat on the "B" pillar, normally hidden behind the long cab curtains.

Hope that this helps.

For the record your split charge relay is in a box, screwed to the chassis up behind the engine. Follow the secondary wire from the alternator to find it.

Yes the control panel fuses all show ok, (I did think waste valve might come under the "front of vehicle" fuse on control panel but everything else is still working in that part of van). I will check out the other suggestion of the pillars. Didn't think to check behind curtains there so fingers crossed.... Thanks for your time.:thumb:

OP
OP
G

gowboy

Free Member
May 26, 2011
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
Fiat/Benimar 7000 A Top
Exp
two

Hope that this helps.

Cheers but still no sign of it - am in contact with someone at benimar owners club who has offered to talk me through it though so am hopeful....
thx again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back