Touring Bath & the surrounding area (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Just wondered if anyone out there can give us advice on places to visit & nice Campsites in this area? (by nice I mean quiet pretty places not all facility sites) We are particularly looking to start at Cirencester & possibly the Cotswolds Water Park & then traveling around the local area to include Bath. We have a Labrador with us so dog friendly Sites would be good & if anyone knows of nice sites that have a walk to the villages & towns in the area that would be great.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Bath sites seem to be fairly limited and quite pricey compared with others in travelling distance. Might be worth looking at those cl's on the boundary areas. I seem to recall seeing prices such as £38/night and well - you can imagine my thoughts!

I don't mind paying a premium in popular areas - but that was more like small hotel/ holiday home prices.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Newton Mill

Hi, we stayed at Newton Mill Campsite and it's a good place to stay for easy accessibility to Bath.
If you like to bike there is a path at rear of camp that leads onto/near the Bath to Bristol cycle track.
It's definitely worth taking a trip along the Kennet Avon Canal. We cycled to Bradford on Avon and there are a few pubs along the way - which is always a bonus :Smile:

Rob & Lee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
We stayed here
Castle Combe*
Which has been called 'The Prettiest Village in England.

We came across with two motorhomes stayed on the car park at the top of the village.
It says no motorhomes but the landlord in the village said its not a problem.

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
If you fancy peace and quiet at the southern end of the Cotswold's have a look at this place http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1837. Not stayed there (we live close by) but have had a quick peep and it looks really nice.

It's very close to Lacock, which is a beautiful National Trust village where they filmed Cranford, part of the Harry Potter stuff and loads of Jane Austen stories, and also handy for Bath, Castle Combe (another really pretty village) as well as the stone circles at Stonehenge and (better in my view) Avebury.

Hope you have loads of fun wherever you end up.

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
I have stayed at the C&CC site at Devizes in the past, great location right next to the Avon & Kennet canal tow path that takes you into Devizes. There is a great pub next to the site and a bus stop in the village that takes you to Bath & Devizes. The site also has a dog walking field. If you qualify you can get a discount if over 55 :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I have stayed at the C&CC site at Devizes in the past, great location right next to the Avon & Kennet canal tow path that takes you into Devizes. There is a great pub next to the site and a bus stop in the village that takes you to Bath & Devizes. The site also has a dog walking field. If you qualify you can get a discount if over 55 :Smile:

If you are not a member of the C&CC, the pub, the Three Magpies also has a camping field. We have stopped on both many times, a good location for both walking and cycling along the Kennett & Avon Canal. The Wadworths Brewery is in Devizes, they offer guided tours and tasting. As has already been said the transport facilities are very good, the bus stops being a few hundred yards from the sites.

BROKEN LINK

Brisey.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Just wondered if anyone out there can give us advice on places to visit & nice Campsites in this area? (by nice I mean quiet pretty places not all facility sites) We are particularly looking to start at Cirencester & possibly the Cotswolds Water Park & then traveling around the local area to include Bath. We have a Labrador with us so dog friendly Sites would be good & if anyone knows of nice sites that have a walk to the villages & towns in the area that would be great.

if your a member of the Caravan club there are a few CL sites
out of the way in open country side
close to Bath
the C&CC also have sites

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We always stop at the Bath Marina, park and ride into town, or a 20minute stroll along the canal:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back