Motorhome campsite in Berlin (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Hi does anyone have any recent experience of this site in Berlin ?

An unusual place but close to the metro and the city centre, I don't plan to spend to much time living there, just sleep & maybe cook breakfast for a few days.....
TIA

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Havent used it but would be very interested to hear from folk that have as i intend going to Berlin in Sept and need to be close to the City.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Here is another place you can try near to the centre of Berlin
www.stellplatz-berlin.de
It has a website with an English translation, I live in Germany and intend to try it soon.

Happy Camping:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
www.stellplatz-berlin.de
It has a website with an English translation, I live in Germany and intend to try it soon.

Hi Tim, I did look at this site on Google Earth & their website, it seems much better organised and I would want to stay there during the day.
However it is a fair trek to the metro from there & my mate is staying near the centre of Berlin so wanted to be closer to him.Broken Link Removed is a turn up & see if we have spaces job, and I am not clear if the entrance gate is secured or not, as you can turn up anytime to pitch....apparently.

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Stellaplatz

The germans (and the rest of europe) really have it sorted, many of the bigger campsites have areas designated for motorhomes which are outside the main areas, you can normally park for upto 3 days and can book your pitch, electric and access to showers and toilets via a vending machine which issues you with a card which you use to load your EHU and gives you access to the ablutions as a swipe card. Although the electric can be a little pricey the price of the pitch is around £10 a night, compared with £25 on the site. Most of the towns also have Stellaplatz which are either free or very cheap. We are due to come home next year back to rip off Britain, although I do miss some things in UK the over priced over crowded campsites is not one of them.

We live in Northern Germany about 2 hours from Berlin so if we can give you any advice for your trip we will be delighted to help.

Regards

Tim:thumb:

RSB138

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
Londonderry N.Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years +
stelplatz-berlin.de

www.stellplatz-berlin.de

We stayed in this site in July 2012 very good 10 minitues walk to the Metro 15 mins to the centre of Berlin we enjoyed 4 days stay it also is in the emission free zone.

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The germans (and the rest of europe) really have it sorted, many of the bigger campsites have areas designated for motorhomes which are outside the main areas, you can normally park for upto 3 days and can book your pitch, electric and access to showers and toilets via a vending machine which issues you with a card which you use to load your EHU and gives you access to the ablutions as a swipe card. Although the electric can be a little pricey the price of the pitch is around £10 a night, compared with £25 on the site. Most of the towns also have Stellaplatz which are either free or very cheap. We are due to come home next year back to rip off Britain, although I do miss some things in UK the over priced over crowded campsites is not one of them.

We live in Northern Germany about 2 hours from Berlin so if we can give you any advice for your trip we will be delighted to help.

Regards

Tim:thumb:

Hi Tim
I'd like to take you up on that offer of help. I'm planning on coming to Berlin to run the marathon in September and need somewhere to stay for a few nights. I emailed the one outside the city asking about times of the metro on a Sunday morning and think it was lost in translation as they just sent me details of their site. So would you be able to find out if the metro runs on a Sunday and if so what time from the nearest to this site.

Thanks
Gerry

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Gerry,

Sorry only just picked up on your reply, will get back to you later this week with an answer.

Tim

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Gerry,

Sorry only just picked up on your reply, will get back to you later this week with an answer.

Tim

Thanks Tim

No hurry as not going until September

Gerry

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Tim will have a wee nosy at it. If your near Berlin that's a pint I owe you when I'm there lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back