gradon6768

Free Member
Aug 14, 2012
Alloa (scotland)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are new(cant wait for August to come so i can say a whole year)!!!
hi, got a problem and looking for advice as im getting ready to leave for 5 days on wednesday with our mh.. all was fine last weekend when we were away in it with the leisure battery and running a generator to top up power.. today i put my ehu on to fully charge leisure battery but im on getting the 240v sockets working, water heater, and 2 240v power supplied lights.. my control panel panel wont illuminate to on, and in the past when i have looked in the cupboard i can usually see a little green glow on the supercharger indicating its working..also when ehu is plugged in can usually hear the supercharger working.. its a supercharge200.. any ideas people? regards graham..

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Have you checked your hook up lead first.
Make sure you have power to the motorhome.

If you have done that is there a cutout on the motorhome that has tripped.

OP
OP
gradon6768

gradon6768

Free Member
Aug 14, 2012
Alloa (scotland)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:(

yes i brought the mh to front of house, powered it up with ehu and have power in my 240v sockets in mh..and to 2 240v lights already fitted in mh..i cant get any of my 12v power supply to work, and when i turn off ignition i should be able to turn the control panel for the 12v supply on but.....nothing :cry:..i have checked all trip switches are ok and they are..do you think the supercharger itself may have a fuse inline or a fuse inside the supercharger itself..im scanning pc looking to find my supercharger to get troubleshooting guide but as yet...nothing!!:cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
I dont know mutch about your motorhome.
On my Rapido i have a trip in the garage for the 12volt and the charger.

When I got it home i had no 12volt also.
But the switch had tripped never found out why but never had it again.

But i think by mid affternoon one of the experts will be on the case.

Mel

OP
OP
gradon6768

gradon6768

Free Member
Aug 14, 2012
Alloa (scotland)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

thanks mel...as i say the ehu is working fine, it all seems to be my 12v power supply.. i shall go arm myself with screwdrivers and remove panels for closer inspection..if all fails then a hammer shoulkd suffice!!..

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
I dont know what size hammer you need for electrics:ROFLMAO:

Best of luck.

Mel

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
hi, got a problem and looking for advice as im getting ready to leave for 5 days on wednesday with our mh.. all was fine last weekend when we were away in it with the leisure battery and running a generator to top up power.. today i put my ehu on to fully charge leisure battery but im on getting the 240v sockets working, water heater, and 2 240v power supplied lights.. my control panel panel wont illuminate to on, and in the past when i have looked in the cupboard i can usually see a little green glow on the supercharger indicating its working..also when ehu is plugged in can usually hear the supercharger working.. its a supercharge200.. any ideas people? regards graham..

We had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. We were advised to unhook the electric hook up, turn on the engine and then try it. This seems to reset the EHU, it certainly worked for ours and we have had no trouble since then.

Ginny

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Power problem

I have got an Autotrail Apache and suffered several power issues at Christmas time primarily the heating and water pump would not work as well as the leisure battery not charging, I was due an habitation check anyway so called a mobile engineer to carry out the work. It turned out that there was some loose wiring in the ECU which is apparently not unknown on the Autotrails. He sorted it very quickly and I have had no problems since.

OP
OP
gradon6768

gradon6768

Free Member
Aug 14, 2012
Alloa (scotland)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

update:..have managed to get control panel working, but when i have hookup attaced it is not powering my 12volt supply that normally it should.. however it is still powering my 240v sockets on board and 2 240v lights..before this problem, i could attach elh and it powered my waterpump, toilet flush and 8 other lights..ie as if running the full mh on 240v bypassing the 12v when leisure battery taken out.when the mh is started the control panel works, but turn the engine off and i lose all power to control board..the mh used to work as so.. turn ignition off to power controlboard and all 12v...turn ignition on to cut off all 12v supplys..amy ideas? my wife starting to get worried il fail in my promise of taking her away on wednesday :Sad:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Is it possible the 12v transmormer is faulty.

Could you phone johns cross motorhomes

Peter always says on here you can phone his firm to ask things..

He is always ready to help motorhomers.

Mel

OP
OP
gradon6768

gradon6768

Free Member
Aug 14, 2012
Alloa (scotland)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Thanks again Mel, im kinda coming to that conclusion myself...however on various searches through endless sites i cant work out if my supercharge200 is just a "charger" or whether it is also a "invertor" :Sad::Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i believe its a CONVERTER charger.

basically a battery charger with an inbuilt 12v power supply which can be used without a battery if necessary

what i dont understand is lack of power from the battery when the ign is off and the hookup not connected.

you should still have 12v from the battery alone....so, either the battery is completely dead or there is a break in the wiring/blown master fuse in the battery to control panel wiring.

OP
OP
gradon6768

gradon6768

Free Member
Aug 14, 2012
Alloa (scotland)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
update.....

::bigsmile: Happy today (wee wife even happier)..went with the theory my "supercharge200" charger/convertor was perhaps blown..sourced a new one "PS301-2-BC 20amp dual storage power supply unit from a local caravan dealer, home,wired it up and yippee!!..all working now...also new 125amp LB got delivered this morning so all in all a good start to the day as we leave tomorrow afternoon bound for somewhere/anywhere..just like to say thanks to you all for advice offered etc...::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Happy wife?

Please post secret on here:ROFLMAO:

Mel

OP
OP
gradon6768

gradon6768

Free Member
Aug 14, 2012
Alloa (scotland)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

Think the secret was NOT to tell her we couldnt go away lol..kicked out of bed at daylight this morning to get back in MH and get the problem sorted!!! now i wonder what she may find me to donext at this early stage of the day:Sad:!! maybe i should of hung the job out lol...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back