PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Does anyone else attend the GDSF, its an awesome site with litterally thousands of motorhomers attending, plus the usual tuggers and campers. I went last year and it was great. I only picked up the motorhome a few weeks before so this was the first real chance of seeing what she was capable of when free standing in a field. It was so rewarding to be able to cook, clean, shower and loo the time away, while others cramed themselves into tents and had to make do with calor and strip washes:ROFLMAO: its what motorhomes are all about :winky:

Theres hook up available if booked in advance, if not then all the sites are serviced with water and waste points.

Dates are Wed 28th August to Sun 1st September 2013

Check out the site and the list of festivities.

Broken Link Removed

http://www.gdsf.co.uk/

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
:thumb::thumb: Yep have been many many times. Wonderful show!!! :thumb::thumb: Yes having a nice cosy motorhome with all your own facilities is a definate bonus. Queuing for loos :Sad: and sleeping under canvas........ no thanks!!

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
:thumb::thumb: Yep have been many many times. Wonderful show!!! :thumb::thumb: Yes having a nice cosy motorhome with all your own facilities is a definate bonus. Queuing for loos :Sad: and sleeping under canvas........ no thanks!!

oops!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It used to be an annual pilgrimage for me when it was held at Stourpane Bushes, but since its moved I have not been down. As you say its a great event and attended by enthusiasts from all over Europe. The auction was always on my agenda but it was also great to see the vintage machinery working as an exhibit instead of just sitting around polished up. In my younger days with the Field Marshal.

Attachments

• kays favourites 064.jpg
    kays favourites 064.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 30
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Hopefully I will be back again this year.
Look me up at the Scarborough Fair Collection where the Showmans engines line up near the fairground. We are directly opposite the line up with an organ (Oktoberfest or Gaviolli) and stage and a Wurlitzer organ mounted in a trailer with an organist playing (shows performed daily and free to watch), Showmans engines The Iron Maiden, His Lordship and Princess Maud (with no "e") which will be generating from early until late.
I am the only one with a beard, so introduce yourself and climb on the engine for a photo opportunity.
We will be there from the preceding Saturday setting up, until the Monday after it has finished.
The owner, Graham Atkinson, usually loans out three or four of his other fairground organs for others to display and run. He has 23 altogether.
All of his collection is open to the public and can be seen here www.scarboroughfaircollection.com
It is at a caravan holiday park so you can stay on site.

See you at Dorset :thumb:

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
It's a date!!

Hopefully I will be back again this year.
Look me up at the Scarborough Fair Collection where the Showmans engines line up near the fairground. We are directly opposite the line up with an organ (Oktoberfest or Gaviolli) and stage and a Wurlitzer organ mounted in a trailer with an organist playing (shows performed daily and free to watch), Showmans engines The Iron Maiden, His Lordship and Princess Maud (with no "e") which will be generating from early until late.
I am the only one with a beard, so introduce yourself and climb on the engine for a photo opportunity.
We will be there from the preceding Saturday setting up, until the Monday after it has finished.
The owner, Graham Atkinson, usually loans out three or four of his other fairground organs for others to display and run. He has 23 altogether.
All of his collection is open to the public and can be seen here www.scarboroughfaircollection.com
It is at a caravan holiday park so you can stay on site.

See you at Dorset :thumb:

It's a date then as what big kid, I mean grown man, doesn't love steam engines and Wurlitzer. Thank you for the kind offer and see you there. Fingers crossed its drier than last years mud fest too :thumb::Cool:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Yep we go although very wet last year

It's a date then as what big kid, I mean grown man, doesn't love steam engines and Wurlitzer. Thank you for the kind offer and see you there. Fingers crossed its drier than last years mud fest too :thumb::Cool:

Hope to see you there then.
Drier conditions would be most acceptable this time. :rain:

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
Does anyone else attend the GDSF, its an awesome site with litterally thousands of motorhomers attending, plus the usual tuggers and campers. I went last year and it was great. I only picked up the motorhome a few weeks before so this was the first real chance of seeing what she was capable of when free standing in a field. It was so rewarding to be able to cook, clean, shower and loo the time away, while others cramed themselves into tents and had to make do with calor and strip washes:ROFLMAO: its what motorhomes are all about :winky:

Theres hook up available if booked in advance, if not then all the sites are serviced with water and waste points.

Dates are Wed 28th August to Sun 1st September 2013

Check out the site and the list of festivities.

View attachment 18121

http://www.gdsf.co.uk/
We went last year, event was ruined by weather. 6 inches of mud preventing vehicle movement. Lots of Itinerants. left a day early, had to be towed out.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
We went last year, event was ruined by weather. 6 inches of mud preventing vehicle movement. Lots of Itinerants. left a day early, had to be towed out.

There is a seperate field allocated for travellers to stay in, but there are lots of them.
The weather was not good to the show last year, and many others, unfortunately. We packed up early on the Sunday but didn't leave until Monday and drove out no problem. When the site dries, it dries very quickly.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
all booked this will be our 3rd year fantastic weekend will keep an eye out for the funsters badges in the beer tents :thumb:

Sue & Eric

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
dorset steam fair

yep, will be to this one, paid but missed out on Newbury, but up at Stratford on the Thursday, on a cruise during the Chester event, but hope to see funsters at Dorset:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back