Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Caravan for 4 years; new to motorhoming
Well it looks like it's the end of wild camping at Marazion along the road by the wall as work started this week to create a pedestrian / cycle path and that also means an end to free parking along the same stretch :Sad:

No doubt there will be a drop in takings at the cafe by the car park and visitors into Marazion itself. Sometimes it seems that authorities can't see futher than thier own noses!!! :Doh:

As locals we'd often go down at the weekend in the car and park there for a coffee but we won't be any more

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
That was probably a sneaky way round the issues they have had in the summer down there. It always kicks off with locals getting the hump with campers. I suspect the council saw an opportunity to 'block' people staying there - without actually confronting them!

It was nothing to do with camping - we just needed a cycle path! lol! As if we are all that stupid.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , the car park opposite the chippy lets you stay for £5 or there's campsite called Doves Meadow very nice, 200 yds from the sea front.
Terry:sin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Hi , the car park opposite the chippy lets you stay for £5 or there's campsite called Doves Meadow very nice, 200 yds from the sea front.
Terry:sin:
more cost !!!! we pay road tax insurance high fuel costs they are just greedy
charge for stopping on a bit of grass
if i wanted to stay on camp sites i would have got a Tent or a caravan
I got a Motor home so i could go where i wanted
why should i have to pay to stop
rant over :ROFLMAO:

i would not go to Cornwall any way the roads are far to narrow :ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
[HI]Well it looks like it's the end of wild camping at Marazion along the road by the wall[/HI] as work started this week to create a pedestrian / cycle path and that [HI]also means an end to free parking along the same stretch [/HI]:Sad:

/QUOTE]

Good!!:thumb:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Just reinforces my opinion that Cornwall doesn't want visitors, I know lot's of people who have stopped going there due to rip off pricing, sad really!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Just reinforces my opinion that Cornwall doesn't want visitors, I know lot's of people who have stopped going there due to rip off pricing, sad r

Well, stay at home then! OR stay on a site, dump your waste in an elsan dump instead of in a drain, dump yer grey waste in a M/H Dump site than on the road,
Come To Cornwall?

then respect the place!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Just reinforces my opinion that Cornwall doesn't want visitors, I know lot's of people who have stopped going there due to rip off pricing, sad r

Well, stay at home then! OR stay on a site, dump your waste in an elsan dump instead of in a drain, dump yer grey waste in a M/H Dump site than on the road,
Come To Cornwall?

then respect the place!

See? That reinforces my opinion :Sad:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, i went to a parish council meeting last year at ludgven . they said then they were going to apply for a cycle way that would take the problem away .i did make a few comments on behalf of the m,homes and against the comments of the local camp site owners . there is still lots of free places to stop . just go up the road to helston .big layby,s to stop in. dont chuck rubbish and dispose of toilet waste either in toilets or at the sewage works behind the railway station in st erth .
but cornwall as been abused for years by m,home users thats what gets up the locals noses . but carefull investigation and look hard its still ok.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Maradi on parking

Interesting to see the different views expressed on this subject; as someone who used to come down to Cornwall on touring holidays from way up in Yorks, but now live just outside Truro, my view is that if you can afford to spend a huge chunk on a motorhome, a pound or two to park on one of the most striking stretches of the coast is not too much to ask, so it won't put us off. But as always, "yer pays yer money and yer takes yer choice!" We use the van down here every bit as much as before, as there is so much to see in Cornwall, and whilst some of the roads are a bit of a squeeze, there aren't many places we can't get to.
::bigsmile:

s123wba

Free Member
May 23, 2012
black country
Funster No
MH
low profile coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

Come To Cornwall?

then respect the place!

just back from 4 nights stay in cornwall [ holywell bay ] paid £36 for 4 nights clean toilets warm showers + electric no need to wildcamp.........::bigsmile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
more cost !!!! we pay road tax insurance high fuel costs they are just greedy
charge for stopping on a bit of grass
if i wanted to stay on camp sites i would have got a Tent or a caravan
I got a Motor home so i could go where i wanted
why should i have to pay to stop
rant over :ROFLMAO:

i would not go to Cornwall any way [HI][HI] the roads are far to narrow [/HI][/HI]:ROFLMAO:

You obviously haven't been up to the Highlands and Islands then ! The road to Huisinis from Tarbert on Harris is 14 miles long and takes me (scaredy cat driver !:cry:) about 45 mins:Doh: the wheels just fit on to the tarmac !:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back