Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Just a big thank you to the above at Fareham near Southampton, who let us park on their carpark overnight when we came off the Le Havre ferry at 10 p.m Wednesday, they even said make sure we parked under their security camera so we felt safe, didn't have to have a meal or a drink, though we did go in for a glass of wine. I was so surprised how helpful they were, it just goes to show that it pays to ask.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Just a big thank you to the above at Fareham near Southampton, who let us park on their carpark overnight when we came off the Le Havre ferry at 10 p.m Wednesday, they even said make sure we parked under their security camera so we felt safe, didn't have to have a meal or a drink, though we did go in for a glass of wine. I was so surprised how helpful they were, it just goes to show that it pays to ask.
the old saying shy lads get nowt
spring to mind :ROFLMAO:

worked for me on thA170 scarbrough road at about 9.00pm
knocked on farm house door asked if i could park
nice lady told me to open the gate and park at the rear for a quite night from the road + nice view in the morning
same in France when lost late at night
the worst they can say is NO
not many will tho
people in general are nice and will help :thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We had a bad trip back from Spain once with bad weather etc. Just had enough of driving and no aires within a reasonable distance. Spotted a local Mayors office with a light in...
Popped in and "gestured" about staying on his car park ( my French is cr**) and made very welcome.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We did that in Scotland a few years back. We couldn't find anywhere to park and it was dark then we saw what looked like a works car park. Sandy went and asked at the cottage and they were fine with it. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back