Rear view camera location: bike rack (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I'm about to install a RV system with 2 cameras. First will be for long range view and second will be for reversing, so for close range vision. The thing that came to my mind is that the bike rack will obscure the view of the close range cam. Not too badly when the rack is not in use but when it is then I have a feeling that all I'm going to see out of Cam 1 is a Raleigh logo.....

Wondered about installing the cameras off centre ie about 1/4 across from the drivers side, then maybe mount them on an angle.

Anyone had the same challenge ?

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm about to install a RV system with 2 cameras. First will be for long range view and second will be for reversing, so for close range vision. The thing that came to my mind is that the bike rack will obscure the view of the close range cam. Not too badly when the rack is not in use but when it is then I have a feeling that all I'm going to see out of Cam 1 is a Raleigh logo.....

Wondered about installing the cameras off centre ie about 1/4 across from the drivers side, then maybe mount them on an angle.

Anyone had the same challenge ?
I have already done this ie; one camera for distance, one for reversing, unfortunately the bike rack positioning still tends to obscure the final reversing point, in my case I'm going to install some reversing sensors I fitted these devices to my Rover some ten years ago with (count down bleeper) and I actually believe their function is better than a reversing camera whereby you gain confident (by use) where the stop point is:thumb:

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for the feedback, sounds like a reasonable compromise.

Will see today how much the view is obscured but with 4 bikes on I guess it will be a lot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
There was a company that did a combined system, not a great camera but work with sensors

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back