LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I see there is some old guy on here selling them Flashing tyre preasure thingy`s... :thumb:

Are they any good...

Any "Feedback" on them... :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
getting some at Peterborough mo and told they are great steve has some although i think they are to make sure he is still breathing than for the tyres :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Old:roflmto: You're old enough to be my dad, and that would explain a lot of things Such as why I like wigs and high heels:ROFLMAO:

Anyway, now you mention it::bigsmile:

Those Tyre Flashing thingy's are Tyre Pressure Monitors:Smile: They simply lock on to your tyres valve and then monitor your pressure 24/7. Should you lose 4 psi they then flash a bright red light to let you know, that you are wasting money on fuel, scrubbing tyres and risking a blowout.

These are precision engineered pieces of kit that fleets of vehicles throughout Europe and America rely on to save them money and and tyres while making pressure checking as easy as glancing at the tyre.

We've been demonstrating these to the commercial vehicle industry at the NEC all week and I just slipped into sales patter mode:roflmto: If you want some they are >>Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We've been demonstrating these to the commercial vehicle industry

I don't want an answer from you, just rambling on, past experience makes me think you had a real mixed reception.

Typical UK industry - We've managed without them for 100 years. If we fitted them "they" would soon nick them. How much !! "They" would not bother looking at them.

And some enlightened ones - "WOW Brilliant".

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't want an answer from you, just rambling on, past experience makes me think you had a real mixed reception.

Typical UK industry - We've managed without them for 100 years. If we fitted them "they" would soon nick them. How much !! "They" would not bother looking at them.

And some enlightened ones - "WOW Brilliant".

I did some gorilla marketing at the show and we literally had queues of people for demos. We had everyone talking about us (My eldest daughter had something to do with that:lips:) We were tucked away in the cheap area and they were hunting us down. The TPMS were extremely well received, not a negative among them, some massive fleets involved. ::bigsmile: Every fleet manager has fuel economy as a number 1 concern and it's early days but we hope that some will be starting trials soon and we are very excited.

The big plus for fleets is that a yard manager can check 50 trucks with a quick walk around the yard, and not rely on drivers just saying they are OK from their non-existent check.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I fitted mine 3 weeks ago ,on my car and on my van .I think they are great, a quick glance when you jump in your car or van to check tyres are ok.I also thought my offside front on my car had a slow puncture ,i am now sure it has not .there should not be a problem with kids nicking them for there bikes as you need the locking tool to remove them. At the moment I give them 10 out of 10.:Smile:

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
I'm sure they're a great piece of kit, and I'm highly tempted to order a pack myself.

But..., I bought some fancy valve caps for the car a couple of years ago and they lasted only 2 days before some pesky kids from the local school had it away with two of them:Angry:

So, it's probably a good idea to watch where you park with them on:winky:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
we literally had queues of people for demos. We had everyone talking about us (My eldest daughter had something to do with that:lips:)

Brilliant.

And if the tyres fail you've found a whole new career - pimp.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm sure they're a great piece of kit, and I'm highly tempted to order a pack myself.

But..., I bought some fancy valve caps for the car a couple of years ago and they lasted only 2 days before some pesky kids from the local school had it away with two of them:Angry:

Hi Phil, they lock in place, kids cannot nick em:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

You need a special tool to fit/remove them.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I see there is some old guy on here selling them Flashing tyre preasure thingy`s... :thumb:

Are they any good...

Any "Feedback" on them... :thumb:

They are fitted to my beautiful Winnebago, but then, they would be. So again VeryOldMoMan you are having to look upwards..:ROFLMAO:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We bought some off of Jim at Malvern, only to find we have two slow punctures, where it was parked in the storage yard the flashing could be seen a couple of hundred meters away, Highly recommend them. :Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
will they also work on me blowup doll im getting fed up of her going down :roflmto:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
will they also work on me blowup doll im getting fed up of her going down :roflmto:

"Behave" yourself... :RollEyes:

Not very often but it was a genuine, sensible post.. On my part.. :Smile:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Be careful Brian, I know from experience both girls pack a punch, especially the smaller one::bigsmile:

"AH"..... Sod serious.... :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

Did you have Blonde hair before you got what you got, Jim... :Eeek: :smalllove::man_in_love:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I dunno....:RollEyes:

"B" looks like he would be very grateful to meet me... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I ordered some last Monday but I assume they are still in 'welsh Wales' (said in my very best welsh accent)if you have been at the NEC all week. Ironically I could have popped over and bought them from you there.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I ordered some last Monday but I assume they are still in 'welsh Wales' (said in my very best welsh accent)if you have been at the NEC all week. Ironically I could have popped over and bought them from you there.

Siân was at the post office this morning, so look out for them on Monday:thumb:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
I bought some from Jim for the Motorhome, no flashing yet so must be working, mind you van tyres do not seem to leak, not like my car's. Now that's another story!

But when and if they did leak at least I will be able to see it.

Mind getting tyres up to 4.8 bar with a bike pump takes some doing!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
My tyre pressures on my Gulf Stream are higher than most garage forecourts can cope with, meaning that when I am out and about on long runs, I run the risk of deflating my tyres when trying to check them.

Add to this the fact, that so often, in most garages, the compressor is so often poorly located "behind the toilets" or "its next to the car wash" manoeuvring a large motorhome in to a position,results with half the garage blocked. So often then I tend to think "sod it" I'll do it later.

Since fitting the tyre pressure valves, I simply have a quick glance at the wheels to ensure that everything is OK

No more trying to mess around with broken equipment, getting dirty trying to get the hose on to the valve with the trims in the way, dragging a air line around the van only to realise that I cant see the air gauge.

Excellent product from an excellent source and an excellent price ! 11 out of 10 in my book!

Eddie

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Had ours nearly a year now-they seem to flash with just a 2lb loss (as read with the gauge on my bicycle Track Pump)
It only takes about 20 strokes of my pump to return to required pressure.

A couple of nights ago I had occasion to use the bathroom during the night and from bathroom window I could see a red flashing light ::bigsmile: 5 mins in morning sorted that out.

One minor problem-I have the key on the Motorhome bunch of keys and I do find it a little awkward holding the whole bunch and turning it-so I remove the key before the monitor is off the valve and make the last couple of turns by hand. Twice now the monitor has slipped out of my fingers and gone into the alloy wheel,once it went right through and dropped out on other side of wheel,but,last week it lodged against the brake pads and I couldn't get a grip on it to remove it-Solution-I wrapped some gaffer tape sticky side out round my finger and was able to recover it with that.
I think I'll look at attaching the key to a short rod-might be easier to handle then.

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back