French flashing speed camera's (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
A French speeding camera flashed us the other day,
We definitely was not speeding, only doing 55 kilometres an hour and the recommended speed was 70 k .
I know because I was watching the Snooper which gives us the speed we were doing at the time.
What happens now?
We can't prove the speed we were doing but as we were going down a steep hill near the alps Tez.was careful to keep his speed down.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
A French speeding camera flashed us the other day,
We definitely was not speeding, only doing 55 kilometres an hour and the recommended speed was 70 k .
I know because I was watching the Snooper which gives us the speed we were doing at the time.
What happens now?
We can't prove the speed we were doing but as we were going down a steep hill near the alps Tez.was careful to keep his speed down.

Happened to me 3 times approaching the Spanish border from Bordeaux. Don't worry, that was in October last year and I haven't heard a thing.::bigsmile:

Mike

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I got flashed by camera in France motorway last june, was def not speeding. Have heared nothing. Forget it and move on..:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
they were just testing the bulbs work for the coming summer season. great planning

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Are you sure you were the only one on the line? I mean may be another car was about to overtake you , obviously going faster and was the one flashed!

If you were under the speed limit and IF you receive a fine at home , then let me know , I'll make a complain for you. But I would not worry if I were you! We usually receive them about 3 days later (very quick lol) so if in one month you have nothing, just forget it!

Amicalement

Frankie:winky:

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
I was once flashed in Uk passing a road sweeper at about 80 mph. Never got a ticket but maybe the sweeper did. No I don't normally speed, but was just coming to the end of a bit of dual carriageway and didn't want to get stuck for miles on single track.

Lin:Blush:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
you should be ok i been flashed on many of the roads in europe and once or twice near the beach around benidorm as well never cost me owt well the benidorm 1's did i spilt me coke all down me t shirt :roflmto:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Could the flash have been on a camera for the traffic on the other side of the road ? If the camera was located in the centre of the road it's very difficult to tell which side it was flashing and many cameras are now dual direction.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Are you sure you were the only one on the line? I mean may be another car was about to overtake you , obviously going faster and was the one flashed!

If you were under the speed limit and IF you receive a fine at home , then let me know , I'll make a complain for you. But I would not worry if I were you! We usually receive them about 3 days later (very quick lol) so if in one month you have nothing, just forget it!

Amicalement

Frankie:winky:

Thanks for the offer Frankie, we were the only one on the road at the time so it definitely flashed at us because I checked the road behind at the time.
Well ask my daughter to look out for the letter cos we won't be back in the UKor Three months.

:thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back