the tyre size is 225/75/16

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i would guess you can as long as they are the correct load rating. but, might be a bit noisey and a slightly rougher ride?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
could be cheaper to carry a pair or 2 of these and park on them

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We run M+S winter tyres on our tag axle all the time as we use the van all year round and never worry about parking on grass. We regularly park on snow and only need chains in extreme conditions and we are fully loaded with a 650 m/bike in the garage. We are only 25ft with a short overhang though which can make a big difference in front wheel grip. Has no effect on the ride that I can tell the van runs really smooth at 60/65mph all day long

OP
OP

0ntheroad

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
stourbridge
Funster No
MH
aclass
Exp
It's getting to the pitch that's the problem or to the water tap on cl type sites
Why don't fiat put a diff lock on motorhomes

Last edited:
OP
OP

0ntheroad

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
stourbridge
Funster No
MH
aclass
Exp
Do you fit them to just the front or all round
What make are they

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
It's getting to the pitch that's the problem or to the water tap on cl type sites
Why don't fiat put a different lock on motorhomes

Because they are crap at making Moro homes
( runs for cover )

They just use a van base and add thd motor home fittings and body
They use a base that has just enough power to pull its own ass along
Then we fill them with water tons of stuff then. Moan how bad they are to drive

OP
OP

0ntheroad

Free Member
Apr 11, 2013
stourbridge
Funster No
MH
aclass
Exp
i have Michelin Camping tyres on it i was after some block type tread 4x4 type tyres 225/75/16 118r fitted

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Had the same as you and used to get stuck EVERYWHERE !!!! ( lots of folk on here will witness this LOL !! )

Before we went to Spain for winter I had a set of Hankook 10ply van tyres fitted..

First thing we noticed was the noise level dropped by at least 50%.. We could speak in normal voices and hear each other easily ( actually, never realised how much cab noise we had until it went ! )

Next thing we noticed was we stopped getting stuck everywhere we went ( 4.1t on a pug boxer chassis ).

I think this was REALLY brought home to us when we was one of the few vans that managed to drive out of the quagmire that was the field at Newark show ground late Saturday evening.

I got most of the way out of the field but when I hit the 6"+ deep mud I sort of ground to a halt..

As I got stuck everywhere usually I just turned off and called for a tractor........... only to find out the tractor driver had already gone home

The choice was sit in the field partially blocking the gate until morning, or give it a go.

Started up, popped it in to 2nd and let the clutch out.. Yes, the wheels span a little but by the cringe, we managed to crawl our way out !!

Tyres have now been on for about 6k miles and I could not be more pleased with them ( Oh and yes, same size as yours too :thumb: )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back