Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Not quite,

But I have decided I will no longer eat meat. Mostly because of my love of animals and because the appalling way in which some of us are/have been eating Hal al meat and horse and god knows what ever else sold as meat.

Just wondering if any other vegetarians might offer some tips on what you eat in the motorhome.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Not quite,

But I have decided I will no longer eat meat. Mostly because of my love of animals and because the appalling way in which some of us are/have been eating Hal al meat and horse and god knows what ever else sold as meat.

Just wondering if any other vegetarians might offer some tips on what you eat in the motorhome.

FB pies i hear from some quaters
sorry it was an answer thatcouldnt be resisted

but your quest is a hard path to follow

its bacon what gets you

but then i am biased as a carnivore

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Not quite,

so whats your pre race pizza going to be now then???

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
so whats your pre race pizza going to be now then???

Treble cheese and Pineapple ::bigsmile:

With garlic bread,

As you and Clare would know, it's a tough path for me to follow as I'm so limited with my diet anyway.

But no more bacon butties for me, I'll let you have mine..

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I have never eaten red meat, white meat or poultry. I detest the stuff. I do however eat fish. What does that make me?
When i was a child, if my mum cooked chicken, i would run away, the smell made me sick. I would run errands for my mum, but i would not, under any circumstances, go to the butchers for her.
Chicken smell still makes me feel sick. And I wouldn't eat a steak to save my life. Nor lamb, pork, or any beef products.
My Christmas dinner will consist of all the veg, spuds (as long as they haven't been near the turkey), and a piece of fish. No gravy either, i hate that stuff too!
People will say, "well what do you eat"? Easy, everything except gravy, and just swap any meat for fish, simple.

Craig

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
My daughter went veggie at 11 year old, mother in law said its just a phase, still a veggie and about to run the manchester marathon at the age if 40, along with her brother aged 42 ( he's not a veggie).
Neither i or my wife are veggies, but we dont eat much red meat either.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I made a shepherds pie for Janes brothers who are all big meat eaters, i used quorn mince instead of real mince and they never noticed:thumb:

I made another one a few weeks later and was heading out of the house down a few stairs to take it over to them.............tripped over jane's boots and ended up wearing it:Doh:sheherds pie everywhere:ROFLMAO::shout:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Di is a veggie but as I keep telling her but they are not fish cakes fishless FISH cakes are not FISH cakes they are soya cakes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
my son has been a veggie for some years, now, he is 14 coming 15. We too said it was a phase but deffinately not.

Never tried quorn but looks like im about too.

I will eat fish,

I will still eat some products, just really not eating meat. :Smile:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Same as the vegetarian meals I used to cook before I swapped bricks for wheels. :Smile:

Vegetarian food doesn't have to be boring. It certainly doesn't have to be 'meat and two veg' without the meat. Herbs and spices make a big difference. Pasta bakes with cheesy breadcrumb toppings are fairly quick and easy - and rather more-ish. My favourite dish is a spiced vegetable and rice tian with crispy Parmesan/breadcrumb/ground almond topping. That one does take a little while to cook but there's nothing difficult about it - otherwise I wouldn't be able to cook it. ::bigsmile:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I have never eaten red meat, white meat or poultry. I detest the stuff. I do however eat fish. What does that make me?
Craig

well...er that makes you a fishetarian or demi-vegetarian! I have been a strict demi veg for 1.5 years, but I must admit to eating some meat recently and felt a lot more energetic......I have a good balanced diet but I am going to eat meat about once every 7-10 days.

I agree with you haganap about halal meat, its a scandal, most people dont know they are even eating it, but if you go to a curry place you probably will be.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
I've been a pescatarian (don't eat meat, but eat fish) for over 30 years now, and honestly it's easy even though husband is a meat eater. When he has sausages I have Linda McCartney veggie sausages, when he has chicken I have Quorn fillets, when he has bacon butties
I have......... err Weetabix. However I have served Chilli, Lasagne and Shepherds pie made with quorn mince several times to non-veggies and they couldn't tell the difference. Also make vegetable stews thickened with vegetable gravy mix.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I have never eaten red meat, white meat or poultry. I detest the stuff. I do however eat fish. What does that make me? . . .People will say, "well what do you eat"? Easy, everything except gravy, and just swap any meat for fish, simple.

Craig

It makes you a Pescetarian. My youngest son is one and does not have problems varying his diet or getting enough of most vitamins and minerals. The only thing he does not get enough of is iron in his diet.

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I will only use quorn mince and not meat , it makes a great chilli, spag bol . I saw a programme a short while back where they analysed one supermarket meat ball and found the DNA of 70 animals in it :Eeek: I'm not a vegie but just very aware of what I eat (Hardly any red meat) BTW don't forget pork is red meat.
I often use the Cranks cook book and there are many quick practical recipes in there for motorhoming. :thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Cigarettes and meat are two addictions I can't kick...

I have a Vegan friend who made this interesting point though. I probably can't explain it as eloquently as her unfortunately.

If you don't eat meat but use other animal based products aren't you encouraging farming of animals anyway?

ie if you wear leather, shoes, belts, coats etc. you are encouraging the farming of animals for those products and if everyone was a vegetarian the animals meat would be wasted.

Bah. It was better than that the way she explained it. She is a full blown vegan and has been for 30 years. I tried her diet with the aim of not having any animal products at all in my diet for 2 weeks. Not only is it hard to do from a shopping point of view it is unbelievably hard on the digestion... But I have so much respect for her though.

I have gone the opposite way. I prefer to use the whole animal and very little gets wasted. I do avoid eye balls, tripe and balls though.

Good luck with your partial veggie experiment :thumb:
I will stick to being a salad dodger, meatatarian.

I do have to say though I am now extremely partial to spicey bean burgers since that experiment...

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Sainsbury's soya range are great. Burgers & meatballs especially, you honestly cannot tell the difference between them and meat. I only eat Chicken (free range) and fish now and feel much better for it.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Not quite,

Forgot to mention in previous post - Sainsburys and most other big chains sell something called Beanfeast - it's in a packet and you can get a couple of different flavours - Chilli and Bolognaise I think. Anyway, because it's dried and in packets they take up very little space in the MH and have a very long shelf life - you just add water and simmer for 15 mins or so. Great fillers for baked potatoes.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Remember Chester?

You won't be starting this until you've eaten all those delicious sausages you bought at Chester, will you Paul? or are you donating them to the next barbecue?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Interesting that just about everyone else who has posted about vegetarian meals has suggested meat substitutes, such as quorn. I don't want my meals to look (or allegedly taste) like meat. I want them to be loud and proud to be vegetarian! ::bigsmile:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
....hate to spoil the Quornlovefest but google Quorn and digestive system......just so you know the dark side......personally I cant eat it, as I cannot be near a naked flame for days afterwards, due to the chance of an methane explosion:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
....hate to spoil the Quornlovefest but google Quorn and digestive system......just so you know the dark side......personally I cant eat it, as I cannot be near a naked flame for days afterwards, due to the chance of an methane explosion:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for that, I suppose I think like Maz tbh,

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I have never eaten red meat, white meat or poultry. I detest the stuff. I do however eat fish. [HI]What does that make me?[/HI]When i was a child, if my mum cooked chicken, i would run away, the smell made me sick. I would run errands for my mum, but i would not, under any circumstances, go to the butchers for her.
Chicken smell still makes me feel sick. And I wouldn't eat a steak to save my life. Nor lamb, pork, or any beef products.
My Christmas dinner will consist of all the veg, spuds (as long as they haven't been near the turkey), and a piece of fish. No gravy either, i hate that stuff too!
People will say, "well what do you eat"? Easy, everything except gravy, and just swap any meat for fish, simple.

Craig

I think the word you are looking for is; "PECTATORIAN" (Not sure of the spelling tho:Doh:)

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
Have put the poop version on instead of the sh... Version so not to offend but a reasons for you hag nap not to be a veggie:roflmto:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 15

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I was vegetarian for 10 years Paul.
girlfriend of the time wouldnt allow any meat in the house so what choice did i have, eat out every day on my own ?....even the poor bloody dog didnt get meat in its natural state.....only moist dog biscuit :Eeek:

eggs, milk and butter were ok, though i did get a taste for soya milk (provamel)

you would need a very large pointed stick to keep me away from a bacon bango or a plate of bangers now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back