Water filter-good idea or lost the plot? (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
On a recent trip the water quality that we filled up with was ok but tasted terrible. Where our tank is would not make fitting a water filter easy. I have thought about fitting a filter in my line I use for filling up with. Good idea or lost the plot? And which filter would you reccomended?:thumb:

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
With bottled water at 17p for 2 litres from Sainsbury's, would it be cost-effective to put in a water filter?

Good point but I don't think I can persuade the wife to stand outside with 38 bottles and top up... But it is her cup of tea that was tainted...... :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We never cook or drink the water from the tank, never did with the aquarolls when we caravanned either - never trusted how "safe" they are. We simply carry a bottle and fill it from the drinking water tap, never touch the tap with the bottle either cos we don't know how other people have treated the tap. It's a bit anal, I know :ROFLMAO: but we have witnessed some thoughtless people on our travels.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Got a Brita water filter jug from Lidl after noticing floaters in our brews when we've been abroad. Excellent product.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Filters only handle so many liters before they lose efficiency so it is not sensible to filter every drop that you put on board. This is why nature pure is dedicated to one outlet for what you will drink NOT what you wash up , shower or flush the bog with too.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Got a Brita water filter jug from Lidl after noticing floaters in our brews when we've been abroad. Excellent product.

We have used one for a long while, great no more tainted water although we do always fill up at home so we avoid some of the problems, filters are reasonable prices as well:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
On a recent trip the water quality that we filled up with was ok but tasted terrible. Where our tank is would not make fitting a water filter easy. I have thought about fitting a filter in my line I use for filling up with. Good idea or lost the plot? And which filter would you reccomended?:thumb:
No No No Gordon :whatthe:....if a filter is to work efficiently, water must pass relatively slowly through it.

a naturepure filter has a flow rate, with a new filter cartridge, of just 1.7ltrs per minute and should last for 1700ltrs before it needs changing.

would you want to stand waiting for an hour while your fresh tank fills just to put 90% of it down the grey tank. :roflmto:

either fit a dedicated filter tap or fit a filter in one cold tap pipe only....no point filtering water to wash in, your skin wont notice the difference.

General Ecology Nature Pure filter.....not the cheapest at £150 to £200 but it should last a lifetime with a filter change every 2 years or so and you can transfer it to another van later.

Last edited:

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Filters only handle so many liters before they lose efficiency so it is not sensible to filter every drop that you put on board. This is why nature pure is dedicated to one outlet for what you will drink NOT what you wash up , shower or flush the bog with too.

Agree with the Nature Pure, we fitted ours 4 years ago and as we do a lot of travelling on the continent it has more than paid it's way.
Cant be arsed with carrying extra bottles when the tank hold 140 Ltrs. :Cool:

Keith

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You're camping, expect to have a few 'experiences' now and then. :winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Don't think I am telling tales out of school but 'Our Glorious Leader' swears by his.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We had a nature pure filter on our last Moho and if I could find a place to fit it I would fit one on our new Moho

Nature pure is an excellent bit of kit

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Except for the ridiculous tap you have to get just right when closed to stop it dripping, surely there is a better design.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back