Fulltimer? no mortgage ? 1 phone call make 100s (1 Viewer)

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Saw a prog on chan 4 or 5 last night called "it pays to watch" its all about how to save money.One item that caught my eye was that if you have payed off your mortgage early you would have been charged for the privilege
Heres the good bit, a new law has been passed that says all these charges must be payed back plus interest, all you have to do is ring your old mortgage company with your details and they will send you a cheque.
So this morning I gave it a go , after a 3 min telephone call I was told a cheque would be in the post within the next 7 days.
Job done :thumb:

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Paid ours off in 2005 so when we get back from the States end of the month i will give ours a call.Every £ counts at the moment ,do you know if it goes back to 2005 or just recently

Ian

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
hi hogan...i gave it a go and was told because my mortgage had run for over ten years i was not charged therefor no refund

dave:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hogan

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Paid ours off in 2005 so when we get back from the States end of the month i will give ours a call.Every £ counts at the moment ,do you know if it goes back to 2005 or just recently

Ian
Hi Ian mine was paid off in 2001 and had no problem.I also know a person who paid off in 1980 she also got refunded.

OP
OP
hogan

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi hogan...i gave it a go and was told because my mortgage had run for over ten years i was not charged therefor no refund

dave:Sad:

sounds a bit odd to me Dave,even if you pay off your mortage with only a year to run they will charge you.Get them to double check and if you were not charged you were very lucky.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back