Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Hi all well I said I would try this Coach Built Motorhome out, and after spending loads and getting all the extras, everything fitted and sorted ....She is too big for me .
Done 3 trips in her and less than 6k miles on clock still. I want a smaller van perhaps 2/4 birth . Going to get around to put adverts on here and preloved ,shame but not using her enough to just have sitting on the drive. Will not sell to a dealer, would like to see one of us benefitting from a swop. well here we go......:Sad:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
You may get more interest with more deatails of why you have and what you want
You do not necessarily need loads:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
You may get more interest with more details of why you have and what you want
You do not necessarily need loads:thumb:

I think I would like a small all year round van, as in fully winterised ,lounge rather than seat belts to make up to 2 singles at night ? Side bathroom & side Kitchen ? not really looked into this in any detail yet quite open minded.

My van is a Chausson flash 03 family 6 seat belts 6 birth transit 2.2td on a 58 plate 5740 miles 2 owners, me since last October this is not the section for a sale , its just a chance to bounce a few Ideas of what to get next I suppose .

Any suggestions would be helpful to point me in some new direction, anyway must cheer up and start looking ,I am not in any hurry so that will help in choosing the right van :Doh: next time, thanks Kim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi what extras have you placed on her?

It's sometimes better to remove and sell separately, for example, a sat system that might sell for 800 on eBay won't add that value to the van.

All extras add is a little more selling potential if your looking for a quick sale.

Only my experience

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I think I would like a small all year round van, as in fully winterised ,lounge rather than seat belts to make up to 2 singles at night ? Side bathroom & side Kitchen ? not really looked into this in any detail yet quite open minded.

My van is a Chausson flash 03 family 6 seat belts 6 birth transit 2.2td on a 58 plate 5740 miles 2 owners, me since last October this is not the section for a sale , its just a chance to bounce a few Ideas of what to get next I suppose .

Any suggestions would be helpful to point me in some new direction, anyway must cheer up and start looking ,I am not in any hurry so that will help in choosing the right van :Doh: next time, thanks Kim

I do recall Dethleffs doing a low-line with twin beds in the rear, maybe one of those may be worth taking a look at. I will whisk away and try and find the model for you!

Outside is similar to this, though it has twin singles in the rear, rather than one double Link Removed

Upvote 0
OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Thanks , I have added reversing camera rear-view mirror colour system, PIR awning light. 140 to 175 BHP , DAB USB CD unit & rear speakers,Mounted flat screen DVD/USB/scart TV ,4 metre Fiamma Zip awning and Privacy Room, Groundsheet and unfitted draught skirt &support bar, storm straps and post mount kits, ext. BBQ point, Silver screens, Fiamma bike rack, Solid long bar tow bar, swivel drivers seat, lazerline thatcham 1 alarm with rear motion sensors, carbon monoxide and separate smoke detectors and a few other odds and ends. They all add up but They can go with the van and I would start again with the next one ,oh well. :RollEyes:
U shaped lounges are nice but me thinks too long? Probably swivel seats 2 settees and the rest at the back ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
I do recall Dethleffs doing a low-line with twin beds in the rear, maybe one of those may be worth taking a look at. I will whisk away and try and find the model for you!

Outside is similar to this, though it has twin singles in the rear, rather than one double Link Removed

Thanks for your help this one is a bit long and 10k over my thoughts :Eeek:
.....so swop, for older smaller model , whatever ?
kimsfeb2013003_zpscbd9d38a.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Hi Garry....have sent a PM couple of times but don't seem to show in my sent file...where's Gail when you need her :Smile:

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Thanks for your help this one is a bit long and 10k over my thoughts :Eeek:
.....so swop, for older smaller model , whatever ?
kimsfeb2013003_zpscbd9d38a.jpg
we now know what house to burgle when the motor home is not on the drive :Eeek::Eeek:

s reg Volvo is not worth bothering with :Cool::Cool:

ok security isn't your strong point :Sad:
too much info can hurt

Upvote 0
OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
we now know what house to burgle when the motor home is not on the drive :Eeek::Eeek:

s reg Volvo is not worth bothering with :Cool::Cool:

ok security isn't your strong point :Sad:
too much info can hurt

Come equipped to take down 6 foot fence and a wall just to get at it lol
And what's this about my olive beauty, she's fast and very nimble on her feet
(unlike me) trouble is the fact she does less miles to the gallon than the motorhome :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Maybe , like us , he just brings it home from storage to wash and give it a good fettle. :ROFLMAO:

(I see your nearly on the Whitby meet. I reckon you will get on. Next on the list.
You always get people booking early then dropping out last min. )

Upvote 0

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Come equipped to take down 6 foot fence and a wall just to get at it lol
And what's this about my olive beauty, she's fast and very nimble on her feet
(unlike me) trouble is the fact she does less miles to the gallon than the motorhome :ROFLMAO:
Beautiful car , best in the world bar none :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
Hi Gail ,I have worked out how to work the pm part of the site now, but its nice to know you are there ::bigsmile: see you soon I hope, thanks Kim.

Upvote 0

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Upgrade

Hi
Can I ask where you got the van remapped, and how it's been
I've got the same base vehicle and am thinking of having the remap
Cheers
Gary

Upvote 0
OP
OP
flashkim

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
This was a thread I started ,have a look and if you need anymore information:winky: feel free to ask ...I am one of those who do not bite lol

Broken Link Removed

Elite maps just Google ...Quantum maps, they go to shows and do a deal price at them, they told me last week when I visited their tuning head quarters ,where they train their dealers. They will discuss what you want from your map and then download a map to suit ,flash it onto your vans ECU via the OBD port, takes no time
volvochiping04042013quantum017_zpsa4e709cb.jpg

volvochiping04042013quantum018-Copy_zpsbc3cc407.jpg

volvochiping04042013quantum030_zps39902971.jpg

Happy days Kim

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread