Gas bottles in France...Is this the answer? (1 Viewer)

frankhanna

Free Member
Apr 2, 2013
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion A class
Exp
Since 2008
Hi All,

I discovered something a few years ago about using French Gas bottles by way of an adaptor. I assumed everyone knew about it but just today I switched to a gas bottle using the adaptor I acquired.

My neighbour here and fellow funster Laneside, had never heard of it and, indeed neither had the site owner, Bob. So Alan (Laneside) suggested I include it in my blog in the hope that it might be of interest I did. www.frankhanna.com/blog

Hope it helps someone.

Frank

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
It sure is a nice bit of kit for £4.18, it has a left handed female thread complete with rubber seal to fit most French bottles and the other end has the left hand thread female to take the standard calor fitting.could not be simpler

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Hi All,

I discovered something a few years ago about using French Gas bottles by way of an adaptor. I assumed everyone knew about it but just today I switched to a gas bottle using the adaptor I acquired.

My neighbour here and fellow funster Laneside, had never heard of it and, indeed neither had the site owner, Bob. So Alan (Laneside) suggested I include it in my blog in the hope that it might be of interest I did. www.frankhanna.com/blog

Hope it helps someone.

Frank

Thanks for the info but could you clarify whether it is for Butane or Propane as I note that the left-hand bottle in the picture on your blog is red.:Confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Thanks for the info but could you clarify whether it is for Butane or Propane as I note that the left-hand bottle in the picture on your blog is red.:Confused:

Frank has gone off dining out but as I fitted it for him to the right hand bottle I know it was Propane as can be purchased from any petrol station and other outlets here in France

OP
OP
F

frankhanna

Free Member
Apr 2, 2013
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion A class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Alan...good steak here!

Frank has gone off dining out but as I fitted it for him to the right hand bottle I know it was Propane as can be purchased from any petrol station and other outlets here in France

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back