Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I see quite a bit of banter about grey water. First of all let me say that we never ever park on a camp site. We always wild camp.

We leave our grey water tap open all the time. All that comes out is the water that has been used for the shower and the water that has gone down the sink after washing up.

Bottom line it is normal water with a bit of soap suds. Eventually, it finishes up running off the road and down the drain. If I parked at the approved drainage points it would also go down the drain. What's the point of shifting 200 extra litres of grey water round the countryside.

Just as an aside, when I wash the MH I do it on the street and the same soap suds just run away down the drain.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
:stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign: RIGHT THERE.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have been on sites in France where they ask you to tip your grey water in bushes and around the bases of trees.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
:stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign::stopsign: RIGHT THERE.
:ROFLMAO:
Before you go any further , do you love me ? Will you love me forever ? :ROFLMAO:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Has someone mentioned grey waste before or was it just a dream.:Eeek:

Pete:Cool:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Is it called grey waste because most motorhomers are retired?:winky:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
I too have a Hymer Greywater confession, but keeping it clean and to myself.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I have to admit I was standing in a CL chatting to a guy there and noticed my grey water pipe was dripping. I said, "Oh I better close that off".

I forgot.

And I drove home with it dripping.

I noticed when I got home and opened it fully to drain the rest into the gulley in my drive.

There I said it!!!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have to admit I was standing in a CL chatting to a guy there and noticed my grey water pipe was dripping. I said, "Oh I better close that off".

I forgot.

And I drove home with it dripping.

I noticed when I got home and opened it fully to drain the rest into the gulley in my drive.

There I said it!!!

Ok, I admit it I am one of those who finds certain releases of grey water offensive. You didn't reach my criteria on the offensive scale.:thumb:

Dropping grey waste in a rally field or in the hedgrows or at home is not a problem for us touchy mob... I of course only speak for myself.

I only have problems when it is done across a campsite where the next tenant may be sitting on the grass etc. OR uncontrolled releases on the public highway where it is a threat to other users such as bikers.

Carefully considered releases where it won't cause offense or risk is ok in my books :thumb:

However this is just my opinion. If you open your grey valve on a hard standing or otherwise and then proceed across the whole campsite spraying your waste I will get upset no matter how much I like or respect you... If you leave your valve open on the way home I will may not get so annoyed as I did in the previous example but it does lower my opinion of you as you are not considering other road users and you are creating a negative impression of my much loved hobby (lifestyle).

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Ok, I admit it I am one of those who finds certain releases of grey water offensive. You didn't reach my criteria on the offensive scale.:thumb:

Dropping grey waste in a rally field or in the hedgrows or at home is not a problem for us touchy mob... I of course only speak for myself.

I only have problems when it is done across a campsite where the next tenant may be sitting on the grass etc. OR uncontrolled releases on the public highway where it is a threat to other users such as bikers.

Carefully considered releases where it won't cause offense or risk is ok in my books :thumb:

However this is just my opinion. If you open your grey valve on a hard standing or otherwise and then proceed across the whole campsite spraying your waste I will get upset no matter how much I like or respect you... If you leave your valve open on the way home I will may not get so annoyed as I did in the previous example but it does lower my opinion of you as you are not considering other road users and you are creating a negative impression of my much loved hobby (lifestyle).

Lucky I didn't mention the turds then :winky:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Sinner

Yesterday I sinned
I pulled into a lay by and parked directly over a storm drain and discharged my grey waste and did not spill a drop onto road
May god forgive me my sins

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I see quite a bit of banter about grey water. First of all let me say that we never ever park on a camp site. We always wild camp.

We leave our grey water tap open all the time. All that comes out is the water that has been used for the shower and [HI]the water that has gone down the sink after washing up.

Bottom line it is normal water with a bit of soap suds. [/HI]Eventually, it finishes up running off the road and down the drain. If I parked at the approved drainage points it would also go down the drain. What's the point of shifting 200 extra litres of grey water round the countryside.

Just as an aside, when I wash the MH I do it on the street and the same soap suds just run away down the drain.
Looks like you should be off to the patent office this morning. Either that or joining the Magic Circle. You must be onto a winner if you have a system which makes deposits washed off cutlery and crockery disappear completely :Smile:

Broken Link Removed

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I wonder how many funsters would want all passing motorhomes to dump all their grey waste down the drain outside their house, perhaps the ensuing smell would change their ways :RollEyes:
I always dump mine in the designated points.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I wonder how many funsters would want all passing motorhomes to dump all their grey waste down the drain outside their house, perhaps the ensuing smell would change their ways :RollEyes:
I always dump mine in the designated points.

And if there are no designated points on the CL or CS you stay on what then?

I guess you would visit another campsite and ask to use their designated point?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
And if there are [HI]no designated points on the CL or CS you stay on what then?[/HI]

ALL Cl and CS sites must have a facility for both grey and black waste disposal

Sanitation

A chemical disposal and waste water point, which may need to be a sealed system, needs to be provided in agreement with your local Environmental Health Officer and Planning Officer.

Link Removed

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Link Removed

There are no excuses for this type of behaviour, but there will always be those that will find one :Doh:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
And if there are no designated points on the CL or CS you stay on what then?

Oddly enough , not been on one that hasn't yet and if no grey dump what would you do with your black waste :Eeek: but the option to dump at I believe C&CClub and or CClub is open to members.
I would otherwise dump at the next site I visit or if the last before home I use the dump point in the drive.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years

Yes that's right. So I guess we'd better empty the grey waste into a saucepan and walk it over to a drain that's between the WC and the fence.

Of course CL and CS rules are always obeyed:
You can only stay on a CL or CS site if you are a member.
You cannot stay more than 28 days
You cannot store a caravan on a site
No more than five units are allowed

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
[HI]Yes that's right.[/HI] So I guess we'd better empty the grey waste into a saucepan and walk it over to a drain that's between the WC and the fence.

Of course CL and CS rules are always obeyed:
You can only stay on a CL or CS site if you are a member.
You cannot stay more than 28 days
You cannot store a caravan on a site
No more than five units are allowed

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

yes, many people break site rules.. doesn't make it right ..

:restmycase:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back