Help - Superchip for Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

D

dobby

Deleted User
Does anyone the cheapest place to get a superchip for the 2001 Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD?

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
only one company for me .the best one. please give them a ring even if you don't buy from them .they will give you free advice. :thumb:
Home : : Turboboost

Wobby

Free Member
Aug 26, 2007
Hailsham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
I agree Turbo-boost is the best, in fact I believe one of the other cheaper company's has gone bust. Sometimes cheap can be expensive in the long term.

Wobby

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User
Does anyone the cheapest place to get a superchip for the 2001 Fiat Ducato 2.8JTD?

I think there is one on ebay at the moment that will fit yours,and the guy says he will fit it for the winning bidder,its located in the Midlands,4 days to go and at the moment highest bid is 99p,worth watching.:thumb:

boosters

Free Member
Jan 16, 2008
cambridgeshire
Funster No
boosting ducato 2.8 jtd

pm me and i will supply details.also we attend most of the motorhome shows and have a show offer and can remap at the show on site.
Regards
Alex

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

can I ask why you want a re-chip? Much safer to have a remap, using the original chip. Not sure bout the 2.8 but I had my 2-0jtd remapped and it pulls like a train and performs so much better. Remapping is safer than replacing the chip as there is no messing with the ecu ie removing and resoldering chips.
The poster above me will be more qualified to answer Im sure, but from what im let to believe superchips are just a franchise opperation selling on their remaps to agents. Whereas good tuners will have their own designs/maps or be able to purchase one and literaly re programme the chip that is in the ecu.

boosters

Free Member
Jan 16, 2008
cambridgeshire
Funster No
Engine Remapping

can I ask why you want a re-chip? Much safer to have a remap, using the original chip. Not sure bout the 2.8 but I had my 2-0jtd remapped and it pulls like a train and performs so much better. Remapping is safer than replacing the chip as there is no messing with the ecu ie removing and resoldering chips.
The poster above me will be more qualified to answer Im sure, but from what im let to believe superchips are just a franchise opperation selling on their remaps to agents. Whereas good tuners will have their own designs/maps or be able to purchase one and literaly re programme the chip that is in the ecu.

You are correct,superchips are just a franchise that appoint dealers and all the dealer does is email the details to there head office,superchips then email back a modified file,the problem with this is that the modified file is usuall just a percentage increase on the existing map,therefore dead spots in the map where the engine is detuned for poor fuel quality are not removed,by increasing the fueling to the engine they are just pushed further up the power band.All our modifications are bespoke and are designed for the motorhome environment and have undergone at least 8 weeks testing on rolling road and road testing to get the ultimate performance without harming any vehicle components,dead spots are completely removed and we can individually tailor the map to suit the personal driving style of the customer.All of this obviously comes at a price and you only get what you pay for in todays world.I realise that peoples finances vary and have just recently looked at a company that supplies generic modifications for vehicles because another company at the motorhome shows were offering this product,looking at our modifications and the other companys there is no comparrison,what i would say however is that the generic modification is still far better than the plug in power boxes on the market and i am considering offering this product at shows we attend as an alternative which will suffice for peoples budget that cannot afford the bespoke mapping.If anybody requires anymore info please contact me.
Regards
Alex

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back