A mad impulsive getaway...where to go? (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Actually after months of prepping my van and not actually going anywhere (because of some crappy commitments) I feel like doing a mad impulsive getaway, to somewher warmer than 8C...... whats the easiest and cheapest route to go south to Spain - are there any standbys on ferrys say to Santander ? whats the difference in price with ferrys generally if say you book 1-2 days in advance as opposed to turn up ? same going back, I would need an open ticket or to get one at short notice.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Unless you have those magic "tesco points" they keep on about or are a member of caravan club then book online at least 48 hours before you want to go,,
I usually cross Dover - Calais on an evening as they are cheaper, head down near Calais then toll free down to Spain. Santander aint cheap and not for me all that time sat on a boat when I could be driving..
Costa brava and the North can still be cold so maybe head for Valencia / Benidorm area...:thumb:

If you get to Beni I will be there from the 18th, you can buy me a pint then...:ROFLMAO:

PS,.... DONT just turn up, they got you by the whatsits and will sting you.. !!!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Unless you have those magic "tesco points" they keep on about or are a member of caravan club then book online at least 48 hours before you want to go,,
I usually cross Dover - Calais on an evening as they are cheaper, head down near Calais then toll free down to Spain. Santander aint cheap and not for me all that time sat on a boat when I could be driving..
Costa brava and the North can still be cold so maybe head for Valencia / Benidorm area...:thumb:

If you get to Beni I will be there from the 18th, you can buy me a pint then...:ROFLMAO:

PS,.... DONT just turn up, they got you by the whatsits and will sting you.. !!!

Out of interest Tonka, how long would that route take you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Out of interest Tonka, how long would that route take you?

During winter with me being the only driver and doing about 6 hours a day driving, so plenty of tea breaks ::bigsmile:

Calais - Overnight Cite Europe or Wissant aire
Marboe or Vendome - Overnight aire
N10 just north of Bordeaux - Overnight choice of aires
Zaragossa - Overnight small truck stop Carinenea A23

So 4 night stop.. During summer with lighter nights usually do a 3 night stop. :thumb:

Calais - Rouen - Chartes - N10 to Bordeaux - Then either down to Irun or via Somport tunnel to Zarragossa - Valencia - Benidorm.

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
thanks for the info tonka, which ferry line would you use ? Maybe I will see you for a pint :Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back