Andy Harris in shock exposure (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
No, not that kind :Blush:

On the latest show he has stated that "There is no such thing as a leisure battery" and promises to reveal all (about batteries) in the next programme, which will be going out a week on Monday (15th April).

Now if all of you Funsters that know stuff watch and have an opinion on whatever he says, this should make for a lively thread.
I shall be waiting for the fall-out.

:restmycase::boxing::hardhat:

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
He has covered this before , look at features (leisure Batteries) on the Caravan Channel, Sept 2011:Doh:

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Eeerrrmmm?

Who is Andy Harris, and, what is "The Caravan Channel"???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welll... it is all that is left of a program that used to be reasonably informative..

I have tried very hard to watch it but either fall asleep or worse, get so agitated at some of the weird stuff touted as facts I have to go for a walk to calm down !!

jennyp19

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Sunny Scunny
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
about 10 yrs
John Wickenshaw did a talk a 2 or 3 years back at the Self Build AGM (SBMCC) about batteries. He had done extensive tests, & taken a lot of them apart. He found that the majority of them were just "starter" batteries with "leisure battery" labels. He only found 2 makes that were "fit for purpose" one of them was Banner & I can't remember the other one. It was a really interesting talk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Eeerrrmmm?

Who is Andy Harris, and, what is "The Caravan Channel"???

Presenter of "The Caravan Channel" on Sky tv, Channel 212, Information Channel. New programme every fortnight but loads of repeats through the fortnight. Next new programme is on Monday the 15th April at around 19.30 or 20.00 ish.

He also owns Roadpro, mainly meant for truckers, but useful for MHs and Caravans, to a point.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think you have got to go a long way to beat Banner units..

I had cause to do a fairly hard test on a couple that were several years old, and to be honest I expected to tell the owner to dump 'em and replace ( this was actually coupled to a solar panel fit and general 12v health check )

No matter what I did the Banners performed really well.. In fact better than some cheap ones I have seen that were brand new ! :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
On recommendation I'm buying a couple of Banners from DMS at Peterboro next weekend. I want the 110's but I don't think they will fit under the seats of my B544, so may have to settle for the 90's. DMS is run by a Funster (Alan) they give a Funster discount so are worth looking up at Pboro' if you are looking for batteries. :thumb: Or you can message him here Broken Link Removed

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
One of our 3 is a Banner, the other 2 are traction monoblocs.

3 yrs of 80% discharges and still going strong!:thumb:

RoadProAndy

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Peckham, in London
Funster No
Exp
11 years
Correction

Presenter of "The Caravan Channel" on Sky tv, Channel 212, Information Channel. New programme every fortnight but loads of repeats through the fortnight. Next new programme is on Monday the 15th April at around 19.30 or 20.00 ish.

He also owns Roadpro, mainly meant for truckers, but useful for MHs and Caravans, to a point.

Not quite right. The great majority of our customers are motorhomers and I cannot for the life of me see where you get "to a point" from!
We also do a lot with caravanners, truckers and boaters. OK? Andy Harris

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Not quite right. The great majority of our customers are motorhomers and I cannot for the life of me see where you get "to a point" from!
We also do a lot with caravanners, truckers and boaters. OK? Andy Harris

Fair enough Andy. But most of the stuff I have bought has been for trucks, so that is my own experience. I take your point though. OK.

As an aside, my wife wants to know why you always seem to park in mud when you are doing a road test on a MH. ::bigsmile: And can I have a job presenting please :thumb:

On the subject of batteries, I notice on your Road-Pro site that you sell Banner batteries. Can we take it that these are the ones you would recommend, or are you going to make me wait until Monday to find out ?

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I watched the Caravan Channel earlier this week.

One of the features was a couple of caravanners who went to a site next to Paul O'Grady's house so that they could look at it and bump into him in the village.

I recall being relieved I wasn't a celebrity.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back