Feeling slightly chuffed (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
This week I have bought and fitted the blank caps which will hopefully stop the MH cab from feeling like a freezer. The difference is noticeable already.

Just this morning I have been to see Chris and his crew at Autogas 2000 and had two 11kg refillable bottles, filler nozzle etc fitted (I know, I could have bought the bits and done it myself, but I'm not a professional, time was against me, and I wanted it right first time) and I have to say I am very pleased. Everything was open and above board and I was talked/consulted through everything that they did. A really friendly and professional company. Oh yes, Funsters discount applies ::bigsmile:

So thank you to the Funsters who supplied info for the blank caps and to the Funsters who first alerted me to Autogas through various threads, before their advert appeared on the forum. :thumb:

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
sorry for my ignorance but what are "blank caps"?
Jacky

Sorry, wasn't very clear, was I ?

They are replacements for the so called "one way" air vents under the Fiat cab that let all the cold in.
See the thread "Autocruise cold under the seats" and all should become clear (hopefully)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
This week I have bought and fitted the blank caps which will hopefully stop the MH cab from feeling like a freezer. The difference is noticeable already.

So thank you to the Funsters who supplied info for the blank caps and to the Funsters who first alerted me to Autogas through various threads, before their advert appeared on the forum. :thumb:

We`re pleased you brought the subject of the drafts around the cab area up also, we have fitted a set of heavy curtains to keep the cold wind blowing through and this morning Rob fitted the blanks and also sealed around the gaps underneath our Arapaho hopefully now it will be a whole lot warmer.

Fully winterised said the dealer, ha what a laugh, god knows how those that have the cab as part of the accomodation including the drivers and passenger seats get on, Brrrrr.

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
We`re pleased you brought the subject of the drafts around the cab area up also, we have fitted a set of heavy curtains to keep the cold wind blowing through and this morning Rob fitted the blanks and also sealed around the gaps underneath our Arapaho hopefully now it will be a whole lot warmer.

Fully winterised said the dealer, ha what a laugh, god knows how those that have the cab as part of the accomodation including the drivers and passenger seats get on, Brrrrr.

Yeah, fully winterised for the Bahamas :Doh:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry, wasn't very clear, was I ?

They are replacements for the so called "one way" air vents under the Fiat cab that let all the cold in.
See the thread "Autocruise cold under the seats" and all should become clear (hopefully)

Strange this crops up again, a few minutes ago I was in the cab working out how to add a branch to the blown hot air to heat the cab. I noticed a gale coming from the lower seatbelt hole.

Trouble with blocking up air holes is that they are there for a reason, to stop condensation in the chassis voids, I'm not sure it's a good idea to blank them off.

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Strange this crops up again, a few minutes ago I was in the cab working out how to add a branch to the blown hot air to heat the cab. I noticed a gale coming from the lower seatbelt hole.

Trouble with blocking up air holes is that they are there for a reason, to stop condensation in the chassis voids, I'm not sure it's a good idea to blank them off.

Fiat had already seen fit to blank off the two on the drivers side, presumably to stop exhaust fumes going up into the cab, and as they appear far too large just vent the chassis members the purpose they appear to serve is just to vent the cab.
Either way, they just allow loads of cold air in, so regardless, they are staying blanked ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Either way, they just allow loads of cold air in, so regardless, they are staying blanked ::bigsmile:

I've got my blown air duct into the cab now.

But I'll have a look if I can make it even better, I'm not proud, white duct tape will do me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back