Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
I ordered my Umwelt zone sticker by post from Stadt Koln and it arrived within ten days.

I sent a copy of page 2. "4 Registration Details" of the Registration Certificate and a five Euro note.

I down loaded the application form from

Stickers and classification of vehicles - Cologne City Low Emission Zone - Stadt Köln

I decided that it would be easier to get the sticker in advance rather than wait until I arrived in Germany'

Safe travelling

Don

2Dreamers

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Sleepy Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
We are travelling through Germany to Austria in June and did exactly the same - marvellous service:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I ordered my Umwelt zone sticker by post from Stadt Koln and it arrived within ten days.

Hello Don,

I had a look at the site you linked to just out of interest and see that unless people have the correct sticker they will actually be banned from driving in the Low Emission Zone (as opposed to being charged £100/£200 as in the London LEZ).

Do you know what will happen to any driver who enters an Umwelt zone without the correct sticker?

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hello Don,

I had a look at the site you linked to just out of interest and see that unless people have the correct sticker they will actually be banned from driving in the Low Emission Zone (as opposed to being charged £100/£200 as in the London LEZ).

Do you know what will happen to any driver who enters an Umwelt zone without the correct sticker?

Graham

Hi Graham,

40 Euro and one penalty point:Eeek::Eeek:. The latter is of course only important for permanent residents in Germany.

Don

traveller

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hello

We ordered ours also & it came wthin the week. Very efficient quick service.

Wonder if we need to get anything similar for any other european countries. Does anyone know

traveller

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just had mine come back and its a yellow, now according to "boff" a German guy on MHF all petrol vehicles should be green, and he thinks that because of the size of the engine they thought it was diesel.

So if you intend to apply for a sticker and your a petrol add this note into the paperwork.

Sehr Geehrter Herr,

Bitte beachten Sie, mein fahrzeug ist mit Benzin angetrieben, nicht Diesel.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

your name

------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

In English that says: Dear Sir please be advised that this motorhome is Petrol Not Diesel.

Go here for the full sp. on the whole system: motorhomefacts.com/ftopicp-4 … tml#418423

Sorry you will have to add www and "facts" to that url then copy and paste. The site censor strikes again.:Angry:

Olley

Last edited:
B

Bethune

Deleted User
German Umwelt

Hi Don,
Many thanks for your post to the Cologne web-site. Page 2 of my registration document has all details relating to the CO2 emissions incomplete. I am not sure how the German authorities will be able to tell whether my vehicle complies with the requirements for a green sticker or not. Did your registration document have all these details completed ?
Regards
Philip
PS sorry to hear about your shortened trip

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
Snap!! We have also tried the link as we would like to buy the umweltzone disc but to no avail. We get the same response (with no English language available):cry:
Unless anyone can offer any advice then it looks like we will probably have to purchase one once in Germany when we go at Easter.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I tell my members to use this link <here> and click on the Union Flag at the top left-hand corner.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back