Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Or if you ate brave enough buy steredent or similar tablets for cleaning false teeth . Depended if you mind the people in the queue thinking you have false teeth :Smile:

Milton tablets also do the job and I use them also in the grey tank to keep it clean . Just flush a few down the sink add water go for a run around , empty , job done ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPandy

Free Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
If you look in home bargains or any pound shop, you'll find some pads called 'duzzits' or 'magic erasers', they're brilliant at getting stains off things like your mugs. They are also good at those black streaks you can get on the van,
Worth a shot for a pound

Good luck

Andy

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
My outlaws always used bleach........ cups then tasted of bleach tho :whatthe::Eeek:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
If you look in home bargains or any pound shop, you'll find some pads called 'duzzits' or 'magic erasers', they're brilliant at getting stains off things like your mugs. They are also good at those black streaks you can get on the van,
Worth a shot for a pound

Good luck

Andy

Brilliant they are but they also take the paint off :Eeek::Eeek:
terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
easiest solution....

throw them in the bin and buy proper cups.

we use nothing but real crockery, and far too much of, it but haven't had a breakage yet.

OP
OP
chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
easiest solution....

throw them in the bin and buy proper cups.

we use nothing but real crockery, and far too much of, it but haven't had a breakage yet.

:Smile:I must admit we always have used propper pottery but we have bought a caravan with a melamite set but the cups are stained and were just trying to clean them up nothing to do with weight or cost I thought they were suposed to be good having never used them befor it dose not look good for the makers if you have to bin them everytime you have a cuppa :ROFLMAO:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We always used to use bicarb - but it never always gave a perfect result. Bleach can effect that plastic as it reacts with it. Can understand the frustration though.

In the end, we went to the supermarket and got plain white mugs (smart price from asda or similar) they were something like £1 for four. Can't go wrong at that price - if they break buy some more, and wherever you may be in uk, you will probably be near an asda!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
No but his Princess might object to using them - I would!

Catherine

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Now they are clean get rid of them - they are not nice!

Catherine

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We had a set of melamine 'crockery'. It is horrible, chuck them and get some proper stuff, if packed carefully they won't get broken. Also get proper wineglasses,champagne glasses, brandy glasses, port glasses etc etc. Things always taste better out of the right thing.:Smile:

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Gave up using stained melamine when I found it was no use in the microwave.

Now Corelle - that's the way to go.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nothing worse than hot drinks in melamine cups - yuck! Gotta be china or glass - we've got some 1960s mugs - strong glasses in a plastic holder - which double up as mugs and glasses which is great. Needless to say I didn't pay much for them from a car boot sale and if I see them cheap I buy them just in case one gets broken (hasn't so far) as they are becoming a bit scarce. I also find that they keep drinks hotter too than a standard type of mug.

Attachments

• mug.JPG
    mug.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 5

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back