Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Hi anyone going to see the Paris - Roubaix cycle race next weekend? and suggestions of where I should park up to see some good parts of the course? :wine::wine::wine:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Could be a bit difficult if you mean in the city centre . Have seen vans parked down by the Seine but they have blocked quite a few off. Also seen some parked in bays behind the Eiffel Tower area. You might be lucky if your van s not too big.

We stay at the Bois de Bologne camp site. Is one of the nearest to town but you still need to take the metro into the city.

OP
OP
Philiphall

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Could be a bit difficult if you mean in the city centre . Have seen vans parked down by the Seine but they have blocked quite a few off. Also seen some parked in bays behind the Eiffel Tower area. You might be lucky if your van s not too big.

We stay at the Bois de Bologne camp site. Is one of the nearest to town but you still need to take the metro into the city.[/QUOTE

Hi Spitfire no sorry I meant out on the course especially the cobbled areas I wondered if anyone knew of good area to park up then cycle to the course (not to far to cycle though)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry cant help you there :cry: had a look at Te route but not an area I know well enough to give advice . Maybe some of the other French based members might have advice

OP
OP
Philiphall

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Been planning this afternoon - ferry booked for Wednesday! - so a few days in the aires alongthe coast. Then going to head for Cambrai (past Arras) on Saturday found an aire at Bertry & one at Catillon-sur-Sambre both very near the cobbled sections of the race (about 5 kms away) Going to be a great weekend!

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Have a good trip . Wil keep fingers crossed for the weather ! Has been very mixed down here ! Heading over to UK next week so hopefully it will have warmed up:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back