Just had my bottom waxed!! (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Hi, yesterday I had my Motorhome Waxoyled by RustMaster UK in Cheshire. They seem to have done a great job and were really helpful and friendly. Took me into town and picked me up when I'd had enough. They were also happy to let me stay and watch whilst they carried out the work, obviously nothing to hide. They left it on the ramp for me to inspect once they'd finished.

Having read quite a few adverts about Waxoyl and the various companies carrying out the treatment and researching same on tinternet I noted that this company is the only one using Waxoyl Professional products. It seems that other companies have to use white spirit to thin the Waxoyl and you can't sleep in your van for a couple of weeks. I slept in mine last night and apart from everyone avoiding me this morning lol (there is a slight waxy smell) everything is fine.

I'm in Chester at the Festival if anyone wants to have a look and they've given me a few 10% of vouchers if anyone wants one. You can't miss me I'm the one (smelling of wax and) flying the Welsh flag.

I've honestly got no connection to the company but to give credit where it's due and save other funsters a few bob I thought I'd post this thread.

Dai

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
How much are we talking about

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I have been thinking of getting this done, what do they do about the under-slung tanks? do they just spray over them as well ? There is a firm in Morpeth called the waxworks that advertises doing motorhomes from £420.

OP
OP
D
Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
How much are we talking about

I was quoted £540 + vat (24ft or 7.5m if you're metric) but turned up with cash and negotiated, I saved about £100.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
I have been thinking of getting this done, what do they do about the under-slung tanks? do they just spray over them as well ? There is a firm in Morpeth called the waxworks that advertises doing motorhomes from £420.

I paid £540 for a 24ft Motorhome. They only spray the metal bits, I have an under slung gas tank (red Gasit tank) they asked if I wanted it sprayed I said yes.

Dai

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Waxoil is on record as saying they only make ONE type of product and no professional grade I read that somewhere

OP
OP
D
Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Waxoil is on record as saying they only make ONE type of product and no professional grade I read that somewhere

Yes, look at the very poor adverts for "Before and After" the firm that dilutes Waxoyl with white spirit and recommends that you don't sleep in the Motorhome for 2 weeks after treatment. They are the ones making that claim, they also make the claim that Waxoyl is made in uk.

I did lots of research before spending my hard earned money and decided that RustMaster were a professional company. Only time will tell but any Waxoyl is better than no Waxoyl on a Transit chassis.

Dai

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Yes, look at the very poor adverts for "Before and After" the firm that dilutes Waxoyl with white spirit and recommends that you don't sleep in the Motorhome for 2 weeks after treatment. They are the ones making that claim, they also make the claim that Waxoyl is made in uk.

I did lots of research before spending my hard earned money and decided that RustMaster were a professional company. Only time will tell but any Waxoyl is better than no Waxoyl on a Transit chassis.

Dai

The original Waxoil is make in Pruhoe in Northumberland (was Finnigans now sold to another company) They also make stoneguard.
There is a German company also trading as Waxoil and this is the firm that advertises a professional product.

My Hymer was coated underneath with wax at the factory and it is recommended in the handbook that this is cleaned, inspected and recoated where necessary every year.

Under-slung LPG tanks should be protected with stoneguard to stop stones chipping the paint and the thin tank metal rusting. They are designed to be in an enclosure if you read the instructions on a new tank. Chris at Autogas2000 showed me this when he refitted my MTH tank that was not fitted correctly. The tank should sit on its cradle and the straps only hold it in place. Mine was fitted with the cradle on top by MTH and was hanging on the straps. There was an incident of a tank thus fitted falling off a vehicle just after it had been refilled as the straps has rusted under the powder coating.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back