Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Do the French close shops and stuff (except for lunch times) for the Easter holidays like the English?
We are in France and wondered what it will be like this weekend, we don't book anything usually but should we being Easter?
We are in mid France at the mo and still blooming cold. How far south do we have to go for some warmth?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, According to weather forecast, this cold snap will be with us until 2nd week of april (due to the jet stream) , I think looking at weather maps you would need to go to Morocco for better !!!
Terry:sin: bright and sunny here but B freezing !!!! that is the Isle of Wight

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We where in France last Easter and can't say I really noticed maybe I just didn't go shopping that day. Not a great deal of help:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I would not count on shops being open as in England. A couple of years ago, when our daughter was living in Paris, we called in to Ikea Paris on our way home on Easter Monday to return an item to find them closed. I realise you are unlikely to want to buy a cupboard called "Stig" whilst motorhoming, but it may give an idea of typical shop opening hours.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Mel {heyupluv}is your Man

Come on Mel give us the answer.:ROFLMAO:

But i think its like here in Belgium shops will be closed on Monday.

Just get what you need on Saturday.

redchad

Free Member
Mar 5, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Been at it 18 month
We were in Dunkirk last Easter, Saturday morning was ok but after that nothing! we couldn't get fuel or gas till Tuesday. Even the Carrefours and super U were closed. That's one of the reasons were waiting till after Easter before we go back.

Last edited:

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Most shops are shut in France on Sundays & Mondays anyway, and at Easter they should all be shut - most of the petrol stations in rural areas are usually shut Easter weekend from Saturday tea time till Tuesday morning - however most of the rural supermarket petrol stations have an auto card system on at least one pump. The motorway service areas are of course open 24/7 so if the worst happens head there for fuel. The local bakers should be open Sunday and Monday mornings.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Not sure where you are, but for the last three days I and some of our guests have been about in shorts and T-shirts. Bit of a cool breeze, but out of that it has been pleasantly warm.:thumb:
Shops - many will be closed on Monday, but as said above some shops and most bakers will be open. Our local bakers is open, but their usual bakers round will not operate.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Mel {heyupluv}is your Man

Come on Mel give us the answer.:ROFLMAO:

But i think its like here in Belgium shops will be closed on Monday.

Just get what you need on Saturday.

Mel (meor) is correct the same in France as Belgium....So No they do not shut like the uk.....Monday will be the only day shut

The Tardis2

Free Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 140
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, According to weather forecast, this cold snap will be with us until 2nd week of april (due to the jet stream) , I think looking at weather maps you would need to go to Morocco for better !!!
Terry:sin: bright and sunny here but B freezing !!!! that is the Isle of Wight

Well it had better get warmer on the IOW SOON we are at Bembridge in two weeks

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
Not sure where you are, but for the last three days I and some of our guests have been about in shorts and T-shirts. Bit of a cool breeze, but out of that it has been pleasantly warm.:thumb:
Shops - many will be closed on Monday, but as said above some shops and most bakers will be open. Our local bakers is open, [HI]but their usual bakers round will not operate.[/HI]
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Oh how I miss the French bakers vans! I used to love the hot bread delivered to my door for lunch, and cakes on a Sunday. Why dont the Brits do that?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back