First disagreement with a cc warden (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Ok. Up until today I have thought that some criticism of CC wardens etc was harsh. Still must say though a lot of them are really good. Arrived at a site today and, unusually for me, hadn't topped up before leaving the previous site do decided to top up the water. Looked at the site map along with SWMBO and decided that to go to the MH point and fill up with the short hose would break their one way system rules. Driving round looking for a pitch. We spotted one of the other water points and parked up. The warden was straight over."the MH point is over there. This is for filling aqua rolls only" . I asked him to show me. So he did . I then explained to him that if I went to the MH point and followed the one way system I would need the bigger hose where at the point I am parked at I only need the short hose which is more convenient. I also pointed out that the point I was parked at was not blocking anyone's access and I would only be 5 minutes. He grumbled that I should be at the MH point. I ignored him. SWMBO even commented on him when I got back in. First funny one we have come across. We now know they do walk among us. We were thinking of staying two nights but have decided to head to a forest site tomorrow instead. I'll top up and empty before leaving though............:thumb::thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
CC Warden

Ok. Up until today I have thought that some criticism of CC wardens etc was harsh. Still must say though a lot of them are really good. Arrived at a site today and, unusually for me, hadn't topped up before leaving the previous site do decided to top up the water. Looked at the site map along with SWMBO and decided that to go to the MH point and fill up with the short hose would break their one way system rules. Driving round looking for a pitch. We spotted one of the other water points and parked up. The warden was straight over."the MH point is over there. This is for filling aqua rolls only" . I asked him to show me. So he did . I then explained to him that if I went to the MH point and followed the one way system I would need the bigger hose where at the point I am parked at I only need the short hose which is more convenient. I also pointed out that the point I was parked at was not blocking anyone's access and I would only be 5 minutes. He grumbled that I should be at the MH point. I ignored him. SWMBO even commented on him when I got back in. First funny one we have come across. We now know they do walk among us. We were thinking of staying two nights but have decided to head to a forest site tomorrow instead. I'll top up and empty before leaving though............:thumb::thumb:

So

It's The Motorhome Equivalent
of the first Cuckoo then
maybe Jim will give you a prize:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TM59

Free Member
Sep 16, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Rapido V55 PVC
Exp
since 2003
Had a similar conversation with a warden on a CC site in Scotland.

Rules are rules, but sometimes they are pointless impracticable and plain stupid.

Perhaps we are just missing something!

Trevor

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
.. you know I was at thus cc site today and decided to fill the old aquaroll.. started to tramp over and saw some motorhome filling up there instead of using the dedicated. . Can you believe the warden let him... ruined my day and that's the first time ive had a go at a warden..

:p

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I've only ever had one problem with a warden.

It was on a C & CC site, I was told which pitch to go on (as they do - don't like that, but hey) but the previous occupants were still packing up 2 hours after the 12 noon deadline.

I had to wait..and wait..and wait. The warden wasn't at all bothered! I had two hot & bothered dogs tied to a tree and my van marooned on the site road for an hour. Grrr...

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

Nice one Gordon, which site was it, I'll book in for a night, could do with a good laugh ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Couldn't possibly say where it is, but it is next to a university. Coastal. Rhymes with air...... Heading Loch Lomond way tomorrow. Cobleland site. Any tips for it....?:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You just need to humour these jobsworths.

Say sorry and all that but just carry on doing what you are doing, which sounds like what you did,:thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
The CC proved to us that a lot of the wardens are jobsworth, we were in the wilds of Scotland. 'Bunree' we asked if we could book a pitch, but unfortunately they were full, not a problem, but we asked if we could have a small container of water as we were getting low and we were CC Members. Then we could wild camp for the night.

Oh no we were told can not give you any water if you are not camping with us those are the rules. Not many people would not give travellers in their own club water :Angry:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Couldn't possibly say where it is, but it is next to a university. Coastal. Rhymes with air...... Heading Loch Lomond way tomorrow. Cobleland site. Any tips for it....?:thumb:

Sounds as though it could be Craigie Park !!!!, regarding Cobleland, never been there, only just joined CCC whilst at Newark Show, and am staying at my very 1st CCC site at Taverall, killing some time before heading over to Chester later this week, very good indeed, never seen a shower block up to this standard ever !, like a five star hotel,

Cobleland is in a lovely area, with lots close by, you will enjoy it, :thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
You just need to humour these jobsworths.

Say sorry and all that but just carry on doing what you are doing, which sounds like what you did,:thumb:

But dont break the new cc rule and park on the wrong side of the marker :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
The CC proved to us that a lot of the wardens are jobsworth, we were in the wilds of Scotland. 'Bunree' we asked if we could book a pitch, but unfortunately they were full, not a problem, but we asked if we could have a small container of water as we were getting low and we were CC Members. Then we could wild camp for the night.

Oh no we were told can not give you any water if you are not camping with us those are the rules. Not many people would not give travellers in their own club water :Angry:

That's pretty poor. At least c & cc offer a top up and shower service. I must admit I would have raised that one with the head office. A bit of water....... No don't get me started.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
It's obviously a new rule to amuse motor homers. We can sit for hours watching tuggers try to line up.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I did think it a bit bizarre, he even went as far to point out if i pulled straight on it would be the other side.Other than that a nice fella.:Doh:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Most of the wardens are reasonable at these sites
Its the Idiots at the top that make unreasonable rules.
Like Chris said Laugh along with them and Ignore them:winky:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Most of the wardens are reasonable at these sites
Its the Idiots at the top that make unreasonable rules.
Like Chris said Laugh along with them and Ignore them:winky:

What and risk getting told off? No way i will do as im told :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
cc warden

oh no,

is this what i have to look forward to-troublesome motorhomers?

:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I find if you come across an officious [STRIKE]commandant[/STRIKE] warden, their partner is usually just the opposite, kind of silk glove steel fist affair:winky:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Top tip:thumb:

After having an argument with a stupid warden, who was making rules up on the spot as I used logic to make his arguments fatuous, and a subsequent dialogue with CC head office, where they refused to answer the simple question "was the warden incompetent and needing more training? Or a liar" "it's not that simple". Was their response

Well to me if a member of staff doesn't know the rules he or she is incompetent and if they lie and make them up they're liars!

So......I always have the CC handbook in the van when I use a CC site. When confronted with made up rules like this is the Aquaroll point, simply offer the handbook and politely smile and ask the warden to show you the rule:thumb:

Works a treat!

Eddie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Just remembered !!

We are going the CC site in Cirencester in April with a couple of Welsh friends ! He is the spit of Victor Meldrew in actions as well !:Doh:

I do hope he rears up if antagonised !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Any one been there ?????:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Other than that, I have never had any problems on a CC site !!!

Last edited:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I make of point of leaving feedback, good or bad, on their websites and on UKcampsites website so other members know what to expect.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back