Glastonbury Festival (1 Viewer)

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Is anyone else going this year & taking their motorhome?
We have got tickets pre registered & are planning to go, are we mad??? :winky:
Any advice welcomed :Smile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Ok if you like lots of noise and mud. Would be happier in France or Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
My wife goes most years, plenty walking everywhere, she loves it though, she reckons there are a few MO parking areas, check the map out, but pain to gain, the one in 2010 was a nightmare due to the heat, so pray for rain :winky: and they reckon the stones might do this one, go and enjoy.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Try and get in to East field 27ish. THey do open the fields earlier than generally stated. I tend to get E27 (with inside information!) its close enough to be convenient and far enough not to be disturbed. The most noise is on the camper fields,we have always been lucky and been with families and hire motorhomes who are usually professional people. I took my new Hymer for her maiden voyage to there in 2010 and half the time was giving guided tours of the van! Food outlets on the site are reasonably priced and tasty. The local rugby clubs have hog roasts and are very popular, The ethnic food is brill. You will pay a premium for bread and milk on site,but it is fresh. Cash machines are also on site but beware some of them charge more than a mad bull! I'm sorry I'm not going this year,as I'm involved with the Folk festival.

albeano

Free Member
May 13, 2012
bolton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years
Hi were going again this year 1st of all its not just a young persons festival,no matter how old you think you are you wont be the oldest there :Smile: Be prepared for hot or wet conditions weve had both in the past From your location in Devon youll probably be allocated the west motorhome fields (like us). The fields are sloping and for some reason that i cant understand they park you down the slope rather than along necessitating some decent levelling ramps at the front, particularly if youve a longish unit. There is usually just one water tap at the lower end of the field and i reccomend you take an aquaroll or a wheeled truck of some sort. The grey and black water dumps are here also, oh and youll need wellies for this operation by saturday even if the weather is hot and dry. :Eeek: Trust me youll be wanting to do any no2 performances in your own facilities so morning exercises or toned buttock muscles are essential although the toilet facilities in the motorhome fields are light years better than the main camping area. Be aware of the size of the place as its a good 20 min walk to the arenas even 45 mins to arcadia or accoustic stage. Allow plenty of time to move from place to place.
We take one of those folding chairs in a bag each together with back pack for essentials ie beer, jacket suncream,beer waterproofs beer.etc.
Make sure you check out the smaller stages not just the big names you
will most certainly find some stars of the future.
The food prices are regulated with good variety at reasonable cost.so you dont have to go back to the van or do a picnic.
Its a brilliant experience go with the flow and enjoy ! you wont be disapointed. :thumb:
Albeano

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Think i will put a C.D. on.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Haven t done this one but done T in The Park last year in motorhome and im glad we weren't in a tent:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
steve

it sounds very mush like a toil of a pleasure so wont be going there. much better things to do.ie good old rock n roll music with plenty of food n drink fun company with no hassle regards sue n steve:thumb:

OP
OP
simbadog
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks for advice so far :Smile:
Is there any attempt to make a track to drive into fields or is it a case of just grass? My van gets stuck if a wasp has a P on the grass :winky:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Wasn't able to get tickets this year. Really sad :cry: Was looking forward to taking motorhome. Enjoy it all those of you that got tickets ::bigsmile:

albeano

Free Member
May 13, 2012
bolton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years
Thanks for advice so far :Smile:
Is there any attempt to make a track to drive into fields or is it a case of just grass? My van gets stuck if a wasp has a P on the grass :winky:

yes they put tracking down from the entrance up to a point depends on if its wet, then your on grass. If its dryish plenty of traction, if its wet....youll fill the swear box. Actually getting on is not to bad as you enter from the top of the fields, getting off when wet then muddy is a differant matter altogether although they make an exit route at the bottom, have your towing eye ready, as its a tractor jobby. Dont worry theyre well practiced and theres a few of them.(tractors).

Im guessing but after 2011 if its at all wet theyll put more tracking down. they are quick learners.

OP
OP
simbadog
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Line up announced: http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/
Starting my packing list shortly: Wine - lots, tow rope, mud tracks, grass boards, ear plugs, toilet paper.............................................:winky:

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
My wife was all excited last night as she been waiting for the artists to be listed and as predicted the stones are on, we've been following Mumford and Sons from when they started, now their headlining, great band seeing them in July in Lewes, staying on a site in Newholme.

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Really jealous, we've tried to get tickets for Glasto over the last 8 years, with no success at all. We've been going to Latitude instead but the lineup this year is really strange. Regretting buying 'early bird' tickets now.

Any recommendations for other motorhome friendly festivals?

albeano

Free Member
May 13, 2012
bolton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years
Really jealous, we've tried to get tickets for Glasto over the last 8 years, with no success at all. We've been going to Latitude instead but the lineup this year is really strange. Regretting buying 'early bird' tickets now.

Cornbury 5th-7th july were doing this one as well ! much much smaller great for families and children. easier to get around, very friendly, feels a bit like a village show with plenty of local produce, real ales, activities, fairground etc oh and great music check out the website.
Difficult to compare with glastonbury, its like comparing a ferrari with a rolls royce both great cars with style, but they do it differently!!

The camping and morhome fields are next to the festival with very little walking and pretty flat i dont think i levelled last year. The pitch space is generous and they dont go mad on rules, just common sense.

Generally more relaxed than glasto If your after hip hop ,rapping and late night clubbing /dancing with exotic aromas wafting through the night air forget it. Otherwise go for it youll enjoy this one i promise.

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Yup - we'll be there, as usual. Not sure I'll be as happy parking our new Rapido at the top of the Hill of Death, but no doubt HWMBO will do his best to get us the best spot & views! We're in our 50's and love it .....We'll be paying our balance on Tuesday.

BTW, if anyone is interested in our Hymer 694, the Magic Bus (which as done 4 Glastonburys), she's just about to be listed on Ebay:Sad: - happy memories.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp

http://www.wirralfolkonthecoast.com/

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
yes they put tracking down from the entrance up to a point depends on if its wet, then your on grass. If its dryish plenty of traction, if its wet....youll fill the swear box. Actually getting on is not to bad as you enter from the top of the fields, getting off when wet then muddy is a differant matter altogether although they make an exit route at the bottom, have your towing eye ready, as its a tractor jobby. Dont worry theyre well practiced and theres a few of them.(tractors).

Im guessing but after 2011 if its at all wet theyll put more tracking down. they are quick learners.

Agree - they are really well organised, and tractors will get you out if necessary. That said, we weren't towed out until 9pm on Monday in 2007, when almost everyone had to be hauled out!

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Hi simbadog, we are wanting to go, we are Unsure of how to go about getting tickets and booking a place for our motorhome.
We have seen tickets are going back on sale later this month, do you just purchase tickets and that automatically books your motorhome space ?

albeano

Free Member
May 13, 2012
bolton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years
Hi simbadog, we are wanting to go, we are Unsure of how to go about getting tickets and booking a place for our motorhome.
We have seen tickets are going back on sale later this month, do you just purchase tickets and that automatically books your motorhome space ?

Right first of all you must register to enable you to purchase a ticket this can be done on line but you need to send a suitable photograph (digital) once registered you will get a registration no.
To book a ticket(which is a resale of ticket options not taken up) and to which availability is limited, you will need to at your computer terminal the second the booking site opens and pray your successful. you will need your registration no and post code to do this. once you have ticket (hopefully) you will then be able to book motorhome pitch.
The ticket when you recieve it is printed with your photograph on it therefore it cant be transferred to someone else....you wont find them on ebay.
You can find any further information via the glastonbury website, the ticket agent is i think seetickets.

I wish you luck in getting tickets believe me it is worth the effort if only to do it the once.:thumb:

If i have hijacked simbadogs reply i appologise :RollEyes:

OP
OP
simbadog
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010

Albeano has summed it up well :Smile: Good luck

Right first of all you must register to enable you to purchase a ticket this can be done on line but you need to send a suitable photograph (digital) once registered you will get a registration no.
To book a ticket(which is a resale of ticket options not taken up) and to which availability is limited, you will need to at your computer terminal the second the booking site opens and pray your successful. you will need your registration no and post code to do this. once you have ticket (hopefully) you will then be able to book motorhome pitch.
The ticket when you recieve it is printed with your photograph on it therefore it cant be transferred to someone else....you wont find them on ebay.
You can find any further information via the glastonbury website, the ticket agent is i think seetickets.

I wish you luck in getting tickets believe me it is worth the effort if only to do it the once.:thumb:

If i have hijacked simbadogs reply i appologise :RollEyes:

No problem :thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
In previous years they have kept some tickets back for people living in the surrounding counties e.g Wiltshire,Somerset. If you know someone who would be willing to use their address it could be fruitful,ifd they repeat the exercise.

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Thanks all for the help
This is on our to do list at 62 it's time we ticked some of will keep you posted
Regards

Jul 6, 2012
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just One Year
Glasto

Been to Glasto a few times over years but first time for us in a Motorhome as he hit our mid fifties. Think we are in west campground as wife not up to hill of death as she has a asthma, hay fever etc. Intend to travel down Tues am from Shrewsbury and be in for lunch.
Looking to hear from experienced Glasto motorhomers as to what to do and not to do.

Regards

Carol and Nev:thumb:

OP
OP
simbadog
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
We are in east field :Smile: We too will be aiming for arrival after lunch on Tuesday, anyone else in east park? :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back