Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
Dordogne (orig.Scotland)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Feb 2012
Not sure where to post this so having a go here! We want to lift the carpet in our 1998 Swift Kontiki as it would be better for us with the dog's hairs and my asthma! Before we do, I just wondered if anyone knows if there's likely to be vinyl underneath the carpet? it would be good to know beforehand if we'll need to lay vinyl or not. Thanks!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Anna, what is the flooring in any underseat storage? Vinyl would probably have been put right through and you would see it there if there is any. Jane :)

OP
OP
Anna

Anna

Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
Dordogne (orig.Scotland)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Feb 2012
Hi Anna, what is the flooring in any underseat storage? Vinyl would probably have been put right through and you would see it there if there is any. Jane :)

Hi Jane

Thanks for your reply. I never thought of that :Doh:
Yes, there is vinyl under the seating storage and so I've pulled up a corner of the carpet and, yes, it's the same vinyl under the carpet! Carpet is just tacked down....so another job on the list for hubby!:winky:

It looks quite a nice beige colour too! Our old caravan has horrible orange coloured vinyl flooring :roflmto:

Sorry we missed you at Pedro's! Hopefully, we'll meet you another time! :thumb:

All the best
Anna

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
All is good then :Smile: I cannot say that the vinyl will be in perfect condition but it could well be. We had loose carpets in our swift so I hope someone wore yours out and then fitted a carpet a carpet to replace them. Bit of luck almost untouched vinyl ::bigsmile: Yes, we popped in at Pedro's to see Garry and Christine and meet the hosts, nice place.See you in a muddy field in Blighty sometime no doubt! Jane :roflmto:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My carpet has lived in the loft for some time. The vinyl underneath was OK but a bit thin and a rather boring cream colour. We had it professionally replaced with a small woodblock pattern cushioned vinyl and it looks really good, and easy to clean.

OP
OP
Anna

Anna

Free Member
Apr 19, 2012
Dordogne (orig.Scotland)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Feb 2012
All is good then :Smile: I cannot say that the vinyl will be in perfect condition but it could well be. We had loose carpets in our swift so I hope someone wore yours out and then fitted a carpet a carpet to replace them. Bit of luck almost untouched vinyl ::bigsmile: Yes, we popped in at Pedro's to see Garry and Christine and meet the hosts, nice place.See you in a muddy field in Blighty sometime no doubt! Jane :roflmto:

Re muddy field in Blighty, I doubt it......only times we go back is for weddings and funerals! Unfortunately, more often for the latter these days:Doh:

Perhaps we'll catch up in Portugal sometime next Winter! :Cool:
Anna ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bruce1990

Free Member
May 31, 2013
Canada
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I think its not bad to put the vinyl under the carpet because it helps to protect the floor from water and other things which can go through the carpet. and good for cleaning.. But don't stick the vinyl to the floor because its hard to put out that again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back