1st motorhome/campervan advice (1 Viewer)

red247

Free Member
Mar 25, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i'm a newbie
Hello All!
We are new to all of this and are currently looking into buying our first campervan/motorhome and I was wondering if I could get any advice from you regarding what would be the best for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children & 1 dog).

Having looked on various sites I found that some of them were quite spacious for very affordable prices until I realised that most of them had only lap belts fitted in the rear passenger seats, which completely rules out the kids car seats ::shout:

We don't want anything huge, but needs to be a 4 berth with the correct 3 point seat belts in the rear passenger seats and a bit of room in the back wouldn't go a miss :) a sink/oven/hob etc is a must with a toilet/washroom as an added extra but not a neccessity.

Our budget isn't huge and we realise now that it is more than likely that we will have to buy this on finance, which is fine but we would like to stay below £15K.
Does anyone have any ideas on the best makes/models to look at?
Many thanks in advance for any help! :thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Something like this

Link Removed

should give you something to think about. I've looked at this particular m/h, and it's in good nick.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As your in London and Before you get to excited see where you stand on the LEZ as a lot of older and cheaper vans dont meet the emmissions. Also the same van used on a motorhome conversion can and cannot meet the LEZ rules depending on its weight....

Just something to consider.... Good luck, kids will love it..:thumb:

Last edited:

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
Hello All!
We are new to all of this and are currently looking into buying our first campervan/motorhome and I was wondering if I could get any advice from you regarding what would be the best for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children & 1 dog).

Having looked on various sites I found that some of them were quite spacious for very affordable prices until I realised that most of them had only lap belts fitted in the rear passenger seats, which completely rules out the kids car seats ::shout:

We don't want anything huge, but needs to be a 4 berth with the correct 3 point seat belts in the rear passenger seats and a bit of room in the back wouldn't go a miss :) a sink/oven/hob etc is a must with a toilet/washroom as an added extra but not a neccessity.

Our budget isn't huge and we realise now that it is more than likely that we will have to buy this on finance, which is fine but we would like to stay below £15K.
Does anyone have any ideas on the best makes/models to look at?
Many thanks in advance for any help! :thumb:

Couple of questions

How old are the kids, different ages have different needs in terms of space and at night will they want a little space of their own.

How long will the trips away be?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
Couple of questions

How old are the kids, different ages have different needs in terms of space and at night will they want a little space of their own.

How long will the trips away be?

This must be an error, or im missing something

Link Removed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Jim does a great motorhome buying guide. I am sure someone will post a link to it soon for you. It is sometimes on ebay.

As you are in London you need to make sure its LEZ complaint use the TFL LEZ compliance checker and put in the registration of prospective vehicles you are looking at. If you are going for a diesel you really want to be looking at 2007-2008 but make sure you use the checker. Alternatively buy a petrol (hard to come by these days).

The Peterborough motorhome show is coming up in April it will be well worth a day trip. Take the whole family get them all to check out the beds in the various vehicles. If there is a bed that is either rear lounge or dining area, get them to turn it into a bed, because some are different sizes.

There will be funsters at peterborough too so why not stop and say hi, you will recognise funsters by our bright yellow smilie badges.

Good luck with your search.

This site is well worth £10 and funsters living in London or nearby may be able to accompany you on a local viewing and seasoned motorhomers will answer your questions and you will have lots, we were all new once xxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
1st campervan

HI,
just wondered why it is a scam?
there is feedback and its registered as a business.
I think they have typed in the wrong price and missed the first digit out?
S

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
HI,
just wondered why it is a scam?
there is feedback and its registered as a business.
I think they have typed in the wrong price and missed the first digit out?
S

Its a SCAM
Hijacked account
They are also selling 15 grand worth of Discovery for 6 grand
Link Removed

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
hi

How does this work when they hijack an account?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back