door lock (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Hi

Has anyone got a answer to my problem,which is. I can't lock the habitation door on my swift lifestyle 2008. the door will lock and unlock
manually but not with the key electronically.
there is a dull click have checked fuses,the welcome light seems to work OK, The lock just doesn't operate remotely.

Many Thanks vana:whatthe::Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi either you need a new battery in your key or the door lock solenoid needs servicing/replacing

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
or the link between the solenoid and lock has come apart, which is more likely as they tend to be made of plastic nowadays

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
V
Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
door lock

Hi
Thanks for the response to the problem, is the solenoid easy to access so i
can check it out?

Thanks vana

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We had trouble like that, a wire had come out within the hab door, fixed by the dealer when I went in for other work, but they had pulled it out when they did the work previously!!!

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Habitation panels do come off but if you are not confident I would leave to someone who is.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Hi

Has anyone got a answer to my problem,which is. I can't lock the habitation door on my swift lifestyle 2008. the door will lock and unlock
manually but not with the key electronically.
there is a dull click have checked fuses,the welcome light seems to work OK, The lock just doesn't operate remotely.

Many Thanks vana:whatthe::Doh:

The dull click tells me the wires are attached and the solenoid is at least trying to work,
I still think the plastic connector is broken
If it is broken you can easily make a metal one

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I had this on my 2008 Bessacarr (Swift). Eventually stripped the door panel and found a small coil spring on the lock mechanism was broken. Long fiddly job as I recall.

Rgds
Bill

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
door lock

just a thought had a similar problem last month,turn key to bottom and door locked,turned key to top and door unlocked, but would not work electronically.
turned key halfway and removed, worked on fob o k.

Apr 10, 2012
Warks / Leics border
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Must be the time of year for door lock problems. My remote has just stopped operating the habitation door lock as well. As it still operates the cab doors, I suspect a problem with the habitation door (which I will leave the dealer to sort out under the warranty). But I thought I would try the obvious first and change the battery in the remote, but I cannot see how to get at the battery. It is a 2009 Autosleeper with a Peugeot base vehicle. There is a screw in the recess of the key fob where the metal part of the key goes when folded, but it only seems to turn from a closed lock symbol to an open lock symbol. Any clues how to access the battery?

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Must be the time of year for door lock problems. My remote has just stopped operating the habitation door lock as well. As it still operates the cab doors, I suspect a problem with the habitation door (which I will leave the dealer to sort out under the warranty). But I thought I would try the obvious first and change the battery in the remote, but I cannot see how to get at the battery. It is a 2009 Autosleeper with a Peugeot base vehicle. There is a screw in the recess of the key fob where the metal part of the key goes when folded, but it only seems to turn from a closed lock symbol to an open lock symbol. Any clues how to access the battery?

No need to get out the battery
If it still works the cab doors then the battery is not dead

OP
OP
V
Jan 23, 2012
taunton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
door lock

Hi all
Thanks for your help, I did remove the panel to expose the lock workings
but could'nt see any problems,so will have to go down the electric wiring fault finding route, I have little experience in this field so I might have to take motorhome somewhere to have it checked out. Have received high prices just to identify problem.( I was hoping for a diy job.)

Thanks vana

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We have the same problem with our 2012 Bailey. No longer any clunk or click from the habitation door (as it used to). We can lock the cab doors with the fob and the hab door with the key. So no immediate problem. Would be very interested to know how much it is likely to cost on the assumption the solenoid has failed. Although it is supposedly covered by the extended warranty (yes, really) I doubt that I've the stomach (or enough years of life left) for the argument with the warrantor. So will need to pay for it privately. Only a ball park estimate is needed.

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
door lock

just a thought had a similar problem last month,turn key to bottom and door locked,turned key to top and door unlocked, but would not work electronically.
turned key halfway and removed, worked on fob o k.
I know you had this problem a few years ago, but can you remember what fixed it , as mine seems exactly the same, will remove panel tomorrow to investigate .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back