Wild parking near Windsor (Legoland) (1 Viewer)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I am trying to arrange a visit to Legoland Windsor with my Grandkids and then on to the Newark show in May.
What I am thinking is leave home (midlands) on Thursday evening, so after school for the kids. Have Friday in Legoland and then move on to the Newbury show for Friday and Saturday nights...

So do any funsters know of somewhere safe where I can stop on route from Birmingham and close enough to drive into Legoland early the next day..
I am no longer a member of any clubs (except MCC) and dont expect to get down there till maybe 9pm so a campsite seems a waste.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
you would be welcome to park at the side of ours but we are about 1hr to 1.5hrs from legoland dependent on traffic. You would be safe and under cctv xxx

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
So do any funsters know of somewhere safe where I can stop on route from Birmingham and close enough to drive into Legoland early the next day..

One place comes to mind that might be useful. I haven't wild camped there myself but this is my old home ground. :Smile:

The car park on Cookham Moor, just off B4447 (fairly quiet road) between Cookham & Cookham Rise. It's a National Trust car park but when I was last there it was free and no height barrier. There is a pub nearby called The Crown - might be worth ringing the landlord to check if parking is ok there still. http://www.thecrowncookham.com/contact-crown-cookham.htm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We've parked in Windsor and Eton Riverside station car park, up the top end next to the river, very quiet and watch the boats going up and down the river. :thumb:

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
you would be welcome to park at the side of ours but we are about 1hr to 1.5hrs from legoland dependent on traffic. You would be safe and under cctv xxx

Thanks on the offer but that may be to far away, more than half the distance of me getting to Windsor.... Cheers anyway...

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
MAZ and Ray I will look into both those suggestions.. just want to pull up, bed down.
Dont know the area well enough so local advise is good.

There is some rumor that some people have actually stopped at Legoland itself.. I will investigate that nearer the time... I wish these attractions would wake up to the demand and put some facilities on...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back