Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
With nearly 2 months not being able to use the motorhome we have found out its not going to be home for Easter.

The rear has all be done and its been resprayed. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

The bathroom panelling should be finished by the end of next week but we wont have a lovely wood colour bathroom as they couldnt match it :Doh:
so have chosen a light colour to give the room a little more brightness.

We asked that Johns Cross carried out the repairs but Allianz gave it to Motorhomes Coachcraft. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

We will wait to assess the work when it is returned to us but I have to say they have been very good on giving us weekly updates.:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Part delivery is still a problem and has taken ages. Some wont be in until the week after Easter earliest.

Looks as if we wont be going anywhere over the Easter holidays and when it is returned to us it will have to go in for its MOT and Service as the MOT has now expired :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Lets hope its back in time for Peterborough xxxxxx :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Fingers crossed and remember I may well be plastered when you next see me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Good luck and here's hoping you get it back in time for the Peterborough show. Going on last years show I hope it is fully water proofed

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Good luck with the repairs,

If it is any consolation, Motorhomes coachcraft did a really good job on a damp repair in my last van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Good luck with the repairs,

If it is any consolation, Motorhomes coachcraft did a really good job on a damp repair in my last van.

Wow thanks hunny thats really reassuring to know.

As Roger and Terri suggested Peterborough may be a good test for it going by last year hehehehehe

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Keep your chin up Gail things will turn out ok in the end, I am sure they will do a great repair job they work for all the major insurance companies:thumb:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
reasonable? unreasonable?

Having been unsuccessful at securing any dog friendly accommodation for the easter holidays we asked the 3rd party insurers for a solution.

They ended up offering us £780 compensation just for the easter holidays or £40 per day. Bearing in mind we use the motorhome every other weekend we have asked them for more but havent insisted on £40 per day since day 1 of loss of use.

We are waiting to hear.

So what do we do if they dont accept our counteroffer, do we be greedy and push for compensation for every day?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
So what do we do if they dont accept our counteroffer, do we be greedy and push for compensation for every day?

You need to be a bit cautious.

Check what you declared at the time of insuring.

Was there a question or clause that mentions frequency of use?

On the face of it it may be attractive to argue a per day charge but f you have declared use of every other weekend,some insurers might start whinging that you misrepresented your frequency of use and decline the claim.

I would play safe:thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
You need to be a bit cautious.

Check what you declared at the time of insuring.

Was there a question or clause that mentions frequency of use?

On the face of it it may be attractive to argue a per day charge but f you have declared use of every other weekend,some insurers might start whinging that you misrepresented your frequency of use and decline the claim.

I would play safe:thumb:

Brilliant legal mind:thumb:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
when we insured we werent asked about frequency of use and to be quite honest, just because Robert is at school doesnt mean we wouldnt use it. If I needed the car that would leave tony with just the motorhome and he would use it, even for shopping we have in the past when i needed to visit a sick aunt. Just hoping they are going to be reasonable. I think we have been.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back