Tyre down (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
Hubby loading the motorhome today and noticed the tyre was down. Pumped it up to get to the tyre place and got a new one on. Apparently there was a weakness from the inside. No worn tread. Lucky he found it we are on the ferry tomorrow night.
£160 poorer ! :cry:

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
If anyone wants any 15 inch Continental Camper tyres I have 4 available with over 9mm of tread on them. Brand new ones have 10mm of tread. They are as new and I want £50 each for them. They can be bought individually or all together. I don't want any timewasters and they are for collection only. I am based in North East Lancs.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
If anyone wants any 15 inch Continental Camper tyres I have 4 available with over 9mm of tread on them. Brand new ones have 10mm of tread. They are as new and I want £50 each for them. They can be bought individually or all together. I don't want any timewasters and they are for collection only. I am based in North East Lancs.

How old are they?

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stig60

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Keighley
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2010
Hi
How old are they. are the side walls in good condition - no cracking. I live in Keighley. so not so far away.

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Apart from X raying them I know they are perfect. For £50 I would rather scrap them than ruin my reputation, money is of no consequence. If you need a bargain tyre I have some. The motorhome they came off has been uprated.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Answer the question !!!

HOW OLD ARE THEY ???????????????????????

They have a shelf life !!!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Apart from X raying them I know they are perfect. For £50 I would rather scrap them than ruin my reputation, money is of no consequence. If you need a bargain tyre I have some. The motorhome they came off has been uprated.

Nobody is questioning your reputation, just asking how old the tyres are.

D.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Nobody is questioning your reputation, just asking[HI] how old the tyres are.[/HI]D.

Dave does all my work ! Top bloke!! It was he who told me that tyres have a shelf life ! I replaced 3 tyres with more tread on them than you could shake a stick at !
This information was confirmed at the tyre depot where they were replaced ( not one of the big ones) a private firm in Oswestry who is a funster ! Can't remember the name , but so helpful ! ( A & S comes to mind !:Sad:) highly recommended !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Are these tyres still for sale? They would fit my work van but I'm only interested if they're less than 3 years old. If you could find the time to check their dates and respond I'd appreciate it.

D.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Are these tyres still for sale? They would fit my work van but I'm only interested if they're less than 3 years old. If you could find the time to check their dates and respond I'd appreciate it.

D.
I think they'll be a damned sight older before you get a reply Dave :roflmto:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hubby loading the motorhome today and noticed the tyre was down. Pumped it up to get to the tyre place and got a new one on. Apparently there was a weakness from the inside. No worn tread. Lucky he found it we are on the ferry tomorrow night.
£160 poorer ! :cry:

This really does show how terribly dangerous all these anti-puncture tyre additives are.

If you had had the goop in that tyre, there is a very real chance it would have stopped in leaking, only to let go as an explosive decompression blow out when the gloop could no longer keep the tyre structure together .. That would usually happen at speed and often with catastrophic results.

I know I go on about the stuff and I know it has its fans, but it was originally designed for use in farm vehicles, and that ( and may be pedal cycles ) is really the only true safe application as far as I am concerned

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I was using the goop in very high speed, high performance vehicles weighing in at over 5 tons, for many years without a single issue. Most, if not all sidewall damage is caused by vehicles sat on under inflated tyres, something the goop will prevent. Swings and roundabouts::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back