MH Showers (1 Viewer)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
How good is your shower?

Did you ever try it before you bought it? (doubt it)

I think I will really miss my shower at home coz we have one of those 'Victorian style' showers that is about ten inches across and drenches you all over.....::bigsmile:

I have a new van coming soon and I have no idea how good the shower will be :whatthe::Eeek:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Never used it in my Tribute 550, its hand held and a bit of an afterthought, but it is there if you really feel the need to use it, Your globe car one is bigger and should be much better

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
1. Better than showers in previous caravans.
2. No.

TBH, the shower is only as good as the pump supplying it. We have a Reich twin impeller pump, hence a better shower. :winky:

Cheers,

Jock.

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
Shower

Hi
Nope did not try ours before we bought.:Doh:
Have now many times and it is brilliant:thumb: - its a hand held one on bracket on wall but excellent.
As good as and better than some sites.:thumb::thumb:
Fingers crossed for yours
Jaen xx

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
How good is your shower?

Did you ever try it before you bought it? (doubt it)

Shower is fine. Plenty of hot water and good pressure. Use trigger shower head. Good size cubicle in nice (if somewhat bling) washroom. I never use site washrooms - much prefer my own. :Smile:

Got into cubicle (without water!) before buying to check plenty of room to manoeuvre. Insisted on demonstration of shower working on handover. :Smile:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
as a 1st time mh user It was my major concerns too having a heavy duty power shower at home. But eventually had to accept the crappy showers in motorhomes. using campsite showers or leisure centres showers when available while travelling.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
as a 1st time mh user It was my major concerns too having a heavy duty power shower at home. But eventually had to accept the crappy showers in motorhomes. using campsite showers or leisure centres showers when available while travelling.

Crappy shower in a Hymer? Surely not! :winky:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I always use the shower in the van, even when on sites with good facilities.
Wall mounted with good pressure.:thumb:

It's in a decent size separate shower cubicle on the opposite side of the van from the toilet/wash-room, so no soaked toilet or wash-room after showering...:thumb:

I never tried it before buying, but I did get into the shower cubicle and checked whether there was room to bend down comfortably and pick up the soap...:RollEyes::RollEyes:

::bigsmile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
The shower in my Hymer was crappy. The one in my Eura was Better than the one in my house...

My self build shower is pretty crappy as the head is too big. I keep an eye out for a decent compact head when I am out and about but not see one I like yet...

If you have a sureflo pump then it is all down to the shower head I believe.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Crappy shower in a Hymer? Surely not! :winky:

It is all relative, the flow rate in the hymer is 19litre (from memory last checked) I am used to a 3.50 bar power shower at home.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I have to say ours is good apart from running out of hot water sooner than I'd like! I changed the original wall bracket arrangement to an adjustable bar so can vary the height &angle. :thumb:

Wyn

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Not tryed ours but I suspect it wont be that good, anyone had experience of autoquest shower ?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You mean you actually get a SHOWER when you are away in your motorhome!!! :whatthe: I thought part of the motorhoming ethos was to go 'stinky'! :ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
When I was working I used my van shower everyday with no problems. The only thing I dislike is having to clean the cubicle and floor each time as its shared with the toilet and I'd get a nasty shock if I got up in the night:Eeek:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
In all honesty love the shower in our Hymer, seperate from the toilet, room for me to turn around, wash hair / shower / great way to start my day in the van.

Haveing said that I have no problem with using site facilities if they are of a good standard, if not I would always use ours.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Use my RV shower mainly, but if i am on a nice site, and i have paid for the facilities, and they are clean, i will use them. But, mine is of domestic size, completely separate from the toilet, and oodles of space to get dry and dressed outside the shower, along with large water tank or the option of city water, i can use it daily. Piping hot and good water pressure too.

Craig

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
there is a ritual to using motorhome showers and it must be observed.

get in cubicle and turn on water.

curse and swear as you adjust the temperature....cant waste water doing it first.

now you are wet turn off the water.

shampoo hair

turn on water and rinse very quickly but thoroughly.

turn off water

continue to get soapy.

turn on water and again rinse thoroughly.

forgetting to turn off water at any stage will see you covered in soap with only cold water to rinse with.

Last edited:

belboy

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
N/Ireland
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Autoquest shower

Not tryed ours but I suspect it wont be that good, anyone had experience of autoquest shower ?

Yes Matey we have one, I find it very tight for room also the pullout hand basin is a joke...... I much prefer site showers & loos however if they are not up to scratch then I can get by using the autoquest pod.

Good luck matey :thumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Tend to use my own shower and loo cos its easier, and cleaner!

Stood in the shower cubicle before I bought, made sure I didnt bang my elbows :ROFLMAO:

IF you have a more powerfull shower, you'll use all your water up :cry:

S

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
there is a ritual to using motorhome showers and it must be observed.

get in cubicle and turn on water.

curse and swear as you adjust the temperature....cant waste water doing it first.

now you are wet turn off the water.

shampoo hair

turn on water and rinse very quickly but thoroughly.

turn off water

continue to get soapy.

turn on water and again rinse thoroughly.

[HI]forgetting to turn off water at any stage will see you covered in soap with only cold water to rinse with[/HI].

If you're lucky - alternatively you may end up covered in soap and NO water:whatthe:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Now for all of you who are brave and happy with the outdoors or are of 'generous' proportions how about this for being different:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bullfinch External Shower Point

The Bullfinch External Shower Point comes complete with a Shower head assembly (shower fitting, shower hose and swivel head). It uses the unit’s existing hot and cold water supplies. Inserting the shower assembly, locks it in place and turns on the water. Temperature adjustment by turning the assembly.

Ideal for

• outdoor showers
  • washing articles
  • pets
  • and many other uses
Bullfinch External Shower Point Features:

• complete with shower head assembly and fixing screws
  • good security - no connector, no flow
  • push and turn activation
  • innovative, attractive design
  • high quality for a long reliable life
  • compact
  • lightweight
  • easy to fit - requires 60mm cutter
  • 1.5m long shower hose
  • swivel head with fixed pattern spray with lever control
  • high flow rate

Attachments

• BULLFINCH SHOWER.JPG
    BULLFINCH SHOWER.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 17

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Now for all of you who are brave and happy with the outdoors or are of 'generous' proportions how about this for being different:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bullfinch External Shower Point

The Bullfinch External Shower Point comes complete with a Shower head assembly (shower fitting, shower hose and swivel head). It uses the unit’s existing hot and cold water supplies. Inserting the shower assembly, locks it in place and turns on the water. Temperature adjustment by turning the assembly.

Ideal for

• outdoor showers
  • washing articles
  • pets
  • and many other uses
Bullfinch External Shower Point Features:

• complete with shower head assembly and fixing screws
  • good security - no connector, no flow
  • push and turn activation
  • innovative, attractive design
  • high quality for a long reliable life
  • compact
  • lightweight
  • easy to fit - requires 60mm cutter
  • 1.5m long shower hose
  • swivel head with fixed pattern spray with lever control
  • high flow rate

my Rv comes with an outside shower as standard fitment.

only problem is adults point and stare and small children run away crying while i'm stood butt naked taking a shower. :ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The one in our elddis was ok nothing special and no where near as good as previous ones in caravan. The one in our MH is brilliant great pressure and loads of hot water first time we used it was at Glencoe a few weeks ago in minus temps.

If any female funsters in their twenties are going to Chester feel free to come and use my shower :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The shower in the RMB is great. Its a separate cubicle off the bathroom with a sliding door so no wet loo. I wondered for sometime why there was a small door with lock on the outside of the van until I found the key to it. On opening the door there was a square hole going directly into the shower cubicle. I then realised that the shower could be detached from the wall slider and passed through the hole and used as an outside shower. Its as good as the house shower with no surging as there is one of those anti surge tanks by the pump.

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
my Rv comes with an outside shower as standard fitment.

only problem is adults point and stare and small children run away crying while i'm stood butt naked taking a shower. :ROFLMAO:

I thought I had seen you somewhere before!

My Tribute has a kitchen sink tap that pulls out the back of the van on a hose to make an outside shower, so if I get sick of being in the inside shower I to can scare people away

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
What about these

Link Removed

Although I know nothing about this model, I have water airiators fitted on the shower and sink taps. They do save water and give a more powerful jet. They can be bought cheaply from the £ shops and I can recommend them, especially for motorhomes.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
The shower in our Rapido is perfect.....the shower in our previous motorhome Mclouis was a little better only because it had a little more room inside.......we use our inbuilt motorhome shower ALL the time.....hot water on tap:thumb:...

Mel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back