Some idiot pressed the Factory Reset - help please! (1 Viewer)

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
I'm new to owning a MH and in need of help and advice.

A new satellite dish, receiver and digital television have been fitted to replace the old analogue TV and aerial that came with the MH we bought at the end of last year.

While I was attempting to set the whole thing up I inadvertently/stupidly pressed the 'factory reset' button on the System set up and now we have a fine, but unwanted, list of German Tv and radio channels - but no UK ones.

I've found, on the Internet, a guide to resetting the system but despite following the instructions I've failed miserably to get rid of the German TV Channels and replace them with UK Channels.

Has anyone else been as daft as me to press the Factory Reset button when setting up their system and if so could you advise me in simple stages how to replace the German ones?

Attachments

• Tv Help 3.jpg
    Tv Help 3.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 59

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
follow the instructions to get the English language option first....items 1 to 6

once you have that all other menu options will be in English.

next you need to do a new scan....make sure you are pointing at Astra.

once the scan is complete you can delete any unwanted channels.

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Is it as simple as number2 should be select England?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
follow the instructions to get the English language option first.

once you have that all other menu options will be in English.

next you need to do a new scan....make sure you are pointing at Astra.

once the scan is complete you need to delete any unwanted channels.

HOW THE HELL did that happen.
duplicate post at two different times !!!!!!

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Make sure you are pointing at Astra 28E before you rescan.

Once you have done this and have the UK channels again,you can normally delete the 19E German (and other) channels, in one go just by deleting satellite 19E in the santenna configuration menu...

:Smile:

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks for the helpful replies.

I've gone through the re-programming a few times after checking the dish is pointing at Astra 28.2 (Nottingham - 144 – angle 24# – Top Yellow band shows 99% and bottom band about half way across – two small boxes #QPSK / FEC# change from Red to Green – Satellite Finder has all lights lit and loudest noise possible emitting from it.

I then go through the Re-programming list exactly down to no.24 when Scan is finished and then Save and Exit.

After exiting the Scan I press 'List' and I get a hellava lot of Channels – but I don't see any that are remotely like a UK Channel.

I must be doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me suss out what it is.

I've taken pictures and explanations of what I've done and put them on to a couple of Pdf document but can't post them here because they're too big #2162 kb / 1591 kb#

The photos may possibly help you to see what I'm doing wrong.

Any more help appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4156B.jpg
    IMG_4156B.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4165B.jpg
    IMG_4165B.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4169B.jpg
    IMG_4169B.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4170B.jpg
    IMG_4170B.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 29

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
I have got Russia and France 24 on my lists oftv stations so you must be in the correct Astra band width. have you try scrolling down the lists my uk station are more or less from the hundreds / thousand numbers

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Thanks for the helpful replies.

I've gone through the re-programming a few times after checking the dish is pointing at Astra 28.2 (Nottingham - 144 – angle 24# – Top Yellow band shows 99% and bottom band about half way across – two small boxes #QPSK / FEC# change from Red to Green – Satellite Finder has all lights lit and loudest noise possible emitting from it.

I then go through the Re-programming list exactly down to no.24 when Scan is finished and then Save and Exit.

After exiting the Scan I press 'List' and I get a hellava lot of Channels – but I don't see any that are remotely like a UK Channel.

I must be doing something wrong but I can't for the life of me suss out what it is.

I've taken pictures and explanations of what I've done and put them on to a couple of Pdf document but can't post them here because they're too big #2162 kb / 1591 kb#

The photos may possibly help you to see what I'm doing wrong.

Any more help appreciated.

If you cannot see UK TV channels, then the problem is as simple as your dish is not aligned to the UK TV satellites.
And more than likely, given in your pictures skiing is on a german channel (via the DOG top right), you are aligned to 19 east, and not 28 east -

And although your dish is aligned to 19 east, you have scanned using the 28 east list. the receiver has then simply put the channels it finds onto the 28 east list.
Just because you have scanned using the 28 east list, does not mean your dish is aligned to 28 east.

And although your satellite "beeper" says it is getting signals, the beepers do not distinguish WHICH satellite the signals are from.
Once on a signal you scan for channels and see which satellite you are on.
Which you have done, and found you are on the wrong satellite.

Russia today and France 24 are are available on most satellites - so that is of no help at all in identifying which satellite they are on.
Unless your RT is on freq 11623 H, and F24 on 11426 V or 12522 V - which is the frequency those channels are on on the UK TV satellites.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Satandpcguy - thanks for the useful info.

If you look at the photo below, which shows the alignment I had when I did the scan, can you tell me which direction round or up/down I should move it to get to 28 east?

Please remember I'm still a novice as regards this type of activity!

Attachments

• IMG_4157D.jpg
    IMG_4157D.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 18

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The Channels on the last pic, SR Fernsehen and BR Alpha are both German channels on 19 E as is Russia Today and France 24 with the language options.

I think you are pointing at the wrong satellite.

Just move your dish approx 10 degs to the east and down by 1 degree of elevation.

You should get a good signal in that area. That will be 28E......

Then rescan.......:thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have got Russia and France 24 on my lists oftv stations [HI]so you must be in the correct Astra band width.[/HI] have you try scrolling down the lists my uk station are more or less from the hundreds / thousand numbers

Not necessarily true.

Russia Today and France 24 are available on numerous satellites, including but not limited to 28E, 19E, and 13E.....:Smile:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Satandpcguy - thanks for the useful info.

If you look at the photo below, which shows the alignment I had when I did the scan, can you tell me which direction round or up/down I should move it to get to 28 east?

Please remember I'm still a novice as regards this type of activity!

Move your dish so the pointer goes from about 145 to about 135, clockwise as you look at the pointer in your photo. (that will move the dish about 10 degs East).

That is the right direction to go to get from 19 E to 28 E.

Around that area (+/-) one or two degrees you should see a good signal on your screen signal meter.

Reducing the dish elevation by about 1 deg( so move the dish down a touch) should also improve signal strength.

Fine adjust both for maximum signal and rescan.....

:thumb:

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Many thanks for all your help.

I moved the direction as you suggested and it has found all the 'lost' UK channels and they are now safely saved.

Without your help I would still be pratting about - you've made an old man very happy!

Again thanks.

:france::france::france:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Many thanks for all your help.

I moved the direction as you suggested and it has found all the 'lost' UK channels and they are now safely saved.

Without your help I would still be pratting about - you've made an old man very happy!

Again thanks.

:france::france::france:

Another good "result".....:thumb:

After all that, I just hope there is something good to watch on the box.....::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back