Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
A few weeks ago I was sat at our computer, looking out of the window at the miserable weather and posting lots of questions on here as I planned our first journey to spend a month or so in Spain.

It's now almost three weeks since we came out of the tunnel and what fun and enjoyment it has been:Smile:

We spent about a week traveling through France, staying at some lovely Aires, in beautiful locations. A few glorious days were spent at a small ACSI site at Canigou in the Pyrenees. Then after a stop at Narbonne and Perpignan we have been settled for the past week at Cabrils at Camping Joan.

We have met some lovely people on the way of all nationalities and had some good and not so good advice! As we hear about another appalling run of bad weather back home whilst looking to another glorious day tomorrow.

Thanks to all those that helped us through our slightly anxious planning days; you were all correct...it's all so easy! Not that we have not had our moments!

There's the 'No Entry' sign near Carcassonne that I snagged whilst reversing out from the road the Sat Nav was not supposed to take me down. It got caught on the bike rack and when I moved off it made the loudest 'twang' like a giant tuning fork, making heads turn and bringing the house owner out who gave Ginny (my marshaller) a look only the French can do.:Angry:

We're loving it:thumb:

David and Ginny

Last edited:

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Looking forward to my first trip

Will start planning a route soon to Portugal via Normandy and Cornwall. Have an inclination to just drive but feel I should at least work out where we will stop over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We are sailing on Monday taking a tour around France for Three months after taking advantage of the cheap ferry fares recommended on here from the nec.
I have been frantically trying to learn French to get by a little better than the last time we went two years ago for the first time, we loved it then and count wait to get back, which now we are.
Once bitten and not twice shy in that respect, hooked i should say.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave and Ginny

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
We are sailing on Monday taking a tour around France for Three months after taking advantage of the cheap ferry fares recommended on here from the nec.
I have been frantically trying to learn French to get by a little better than the last time we went two years ago for the first time, we loved it then and count wait to get back, which now we are.
Once bitten and not twice shy in that respect, hooked i should say.

We loved our week driving through France. We went by way of Rouen, Orleans, Limoges, Toulouse and across to Narbonne. We used Aires all the way and they were all lovely and in wonderful interesting locations; three of them had electric and not a cent did it cost us. We are looking forward to an even more leisurely drive back. Yes France is lovely! Have fun :thumb:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Don't forget when you are touring France if you want a good site with a special welcome for Funsters and free wifi you'll find it at Parc Verger. We also have semi-resident Munchies!!:winky:
We're too small for ACSI (we have 25 touring pitches and they demand 40) but with the 10% Funster discount you'll get a good deal, especially with our 16A ehus:thumb:.
Bob
www.parcverger.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back