Ambleside aire (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
After reading a post by sedge on another thread, can anyone tell me if the "aire" in Ambleside is still operating ?
Or have the jobsworths closed it down ?

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Give him a bell or send a text - may have to leave a message :thumb:

Miller Field Motorhome Camping
Miller Field
Ambleside
Cumbria
LA22 0EE
Tel: 07708 310986
Pitches: 25 Motorhomes

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Or have the jobsworths closed it down ?

It would be insanity if they did. All it does is bring a whole lot of people to the town.

It's a fantastic place to stop, so many things to do and see in a short walking distance.

A great deal is food and film at the local cinemas. Good food followed by a good film, what more can you ask.

Because of this it does get busy.

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
It is definitely still open as I have just booked this weekend. :thumb:

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
It is definitely still open as I have just booked this weekend. :thumb:

Can't be more up to date than that really. ::bigsmile:

So that is the question answered.
Not often things are sorted so quickly on a thread. :notworthy::thanks:

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
:Doh:
I have just googled it and realised that I have driven past when there has been loads of MH parked there, and I thought it was a rally or meeting of some description, like Funsters.
At least I know where it is, and what it is, so a few visits are definately on the cards.

Ooooh ! I feel such a fool. :Blush: :ROFLMAO:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
We stayed there 3 weeks ago, very handy for the village
Got a good deal at the pictures. Meal and pics for a set price, the food was excellent, pity the film wasent as good:Smile:

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
When we stayed last year there was a motorhome rally on the rugby pitch ( i think) which fronts the main road. If you think you have seen the Motorhomes when passing you may be thinking of this location. Millers field is just past this taking the next turn left for the car park.
The person who runs it is Graham, really friendly and himself a Motorhomer. Brilliant location for town and next to the park to exercise the dog.:thumb:

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Millers field

It is open I am following Link Removed t:Smile:hey have a nice blog and presently staying on the site, they must be snowed in today

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
It is open I am following Link Removed t:Smile:hey have a nice blog and presently staying on the site, they must be snowed in today

Thank you for posting the link to Dean and Angela's interesting blog :thumb: enjoyable reading, with good photographs.

We are planning to stay at Millers Field Ambleside, plus Keswick CCC (which did have quite a few negative reviews during 2012 on the CCC website) - so it was nice to read Dean and Angela's positive writings about the Keswick site and the improvements made there recently.

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
We put a post on Rvoc. Here it is....

We contacted a Aire type motorhome parking site at Ambleside Lakes. This is the anwer back.

No problem as far as fitting you on is concerned; we regularly have vans of a similar size to yours on-site. We charge a flat rate £10.00/night, regardless of the size of your van or number of occupants, and there are no add-on charges for dogs, awnings etc.......

If you know in advance when you wish to visit your best option is to contact me in advance to book a pitch; I will then supply you with the access details etc. Please be aware we are already fully booked up for the whole of the Easter weekend.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.

Miller Field m/h camping
Miller Field
Ambleside
LA22 0EE

07708 310986

Information sent to us....

MILLER FIELD MOTORHOME CAMPING
(Postcode for navigation – LA22 0EE. On Rothay Road, Ambleside, follow the sign for ‘Miller Bridge Car Park’ and this will bring you to our entrance gate).
Secure motorhome camping in the centre of Ambleside, based on the European ‘aires’ system. We have 25 hard-standing pitches which are open all year round and a further 30 seasonal grass pitches. Our facilities are limited to a fresh water supply, toilet emptying point and secure camping within a two minute walk of all the amenities that Ambleside has to offer; supplies, groceries, fuel, bars, restaurants, walks, lake, village park with playground etc……….
CHARGES; £10.00 / Van / Night*
(Regardless of the size of van or number of occupants.
Motor Caravanners Club member concessions / Rally Organisers – please enquire).
No admissions after 9.00pm, departure by mid-day please.
Dogs are welcome on site but must be kept under control at all times.
Generators may be used but please show consideration to other site users, DO NOT use before 10.00am or after 8.00pm.
BBQ’s and fire buckets may be used as long as they are not placed directly on the grass or close to any vans.
For security reasons it is important that the main gate remains locked at all times except for your arrival and departure.
YOU ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO BOOK AHEAD OF YOUR STAY.
For bookings and enquiries the preferred method of contact is by email to; mfmcambles@hotmail.comstating your name, van registration number, a contact telephone number and proposed dates.
Alternatively please ring/text 07708 310986 (after 5.30pm if possible) for access details.
*Charges correct as from 1st July 2010. MCC site designate – awaiting Exemption Ce

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back