Global warming is gone now (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Why is it when there is snow about , we not hear speeches of global warming on the TV and radio at the moment.

Was it all a big ploy to get us to pay (green) prices for items.:cry:

Or, when when we get our x1 sunny day a year, around August ,that`s when they tell us, how we are going to burn up unless we pay a super green tax::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
No, the treehuggers arn't lying. The cold weather here IS part of global warming ... but I see some people still don't realise the urgency of us doing something about it. :Sad: As a treehugger, I despair for the world, if it is still here, in another fifty years. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Trouble is Joy , we in the UK although doing our bit , only contribute I believe around 2% of global emissions so however good we are , we will make little change.
The Chinese , Russians, Americans and South Americans need to clean up their acts but are reluctant to do so.
One area where we could make a difference is to stop buying hardwood furniture for home or garden, they tell us it is all from sustainable sources but since when will Teak, Iroko and other hardwoods mature in less than fifty years?
This timber is all from de forestation in the rain forests. :Eeek:

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Why is it when there is snow about , we not hear speeches of global warming on the TV and radio at the moment.

Was it all a big ploy to get us to pay (green) prices for items.:cry:

Or, when when we get our x1 sunny day a year, around August ,that`s when they tell us, how we are going to burn up unless we pay a super green tax::bigsmile:

My dad used to say,"we are all being conned,the planet warms up-the planet cools down,it's been doing that for millions of years"

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Never have believed in this so called man made global warming, the earth warming up and cooling down is all a natural process it was happening long before there were humans, in fact there was a piece in the paper the other day that proved that the predicted figures were wildly exaggerated by those involved in generating such useless information. in fact in the last few years it has actually been cooling again, I am a firm believer that it is all a scam on a global scale to create business that would otherwise not exist as well as invent yet another way to tax us. Before people start saying it is because pollution has been reduced therefore the temperature has started dropping back, our pollution might have dropped in the UK and even the EU but it has massively increased in countries like India and China.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
It may be March but this is nothing unusual.

It has always been more likely to have snow at Easter than at Christmas.......

Easter 1-3 April 1983 - this was the snowiest Easter with Scotland, the Midlands and Kent getting up to 10 cm of snow.
Over the past 45+ years, snow has fallen quite regularly, even in lowland areas. Snow fell in 1958, 1965, 1970, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978 and 2008.

Watching BBC News they are talking of the "extreme" weather as the "Headline" story.
This snowfall was very well forecast, yet once again roads are closed, schools are closed, there are power outages.

Will Britain ever learn to cope with a bit of snow............:Doh::Doh:

p.s. I hope Funster M1wor has now definitely cancelled his plan to "walk" up Ben Nevis next week.....

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If 10000 years ago we did not have had GLOBAL WARMING (climate change) the World would still be in an ice age. No cars, power stations etc etc then so what caused it.Bet the tree huggers will not answer that. The climate on our planet has always changed for millions of years and always will.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
The climate has always changed, just not as quickly as it's changing now :whatthe::Eeek:

Ostriches and sand ???

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We are told to switch off everything and save this, that and the other. Do this, do that, walk on one foot to save leather, blah, blah, blah, it's always the peasants of this world that must do their bit.
Yet when i was in Gibraltar last year, i wandered amongst the multi-million pound boats by the harbour and the electricity cables that were plugged into them were like an RVs sewer hose!
It's a case of it doesn't matter if you're rich, just keep the lower class at bay...and make them feel guilty.
The private yachts, jets, helicopters, Rolls Royces, Hummers, and heated swimming pools obviously do not contribute to climate change in any way, it's the little red light that is on your telly that is doing all the damage.

Craig

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Cause and effect

Global warming is a fact, (the cause).. climate change is the result.. (the effect).

The real debate is how much man has been responsible... and if he has, can he slow it down or stabilize it.. ?
If we accept that we are at least partly responsible doing nothing is not an option..

Our government are big 'fans' of wind power... that is an absolute waste of money.. we can never supply our energy needs from big fans.. Not only are they are a blot on the landscape, no one wants them and they are unreliable.. we need Nuclear Power.. and we need it NOW .. not in 25 years time..

From the Earth Policy Institute

The world has warmed by 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (0.8 degrees Celsius) since the Industrial Revolution, with most of the rise in temperature coming since the 1970s. Such [HI]rapid warming is unprecedented over at least 20,000 years. [/HI]

The average global temperature in 2012 was 58.2 degrees Fahrenheit (14.56 degrees Celsius). This sets it among the 10 warmest years on record—all of which, according to NASA data dating back to 1880, have occurred in the last 14 years. (See data.)

indicator8_2013_tempgraph.PNG

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
BUT who do you believe? There are compelling arguments for and against the idea of climate change.

There are lies, damn lies and statistics.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Global warming is a fact, (the cause).. climate change is the result.. (the effect).

The real debate is how much man has been responsible... and if he has, can he slow it down or stabilize it.. ?
If we accept that we are at least partly responsible doing nothing is not an option..

Our government are big 'fans' of wind power... that is an absolute waste of money.. we can never supply our energy needs from big fans.. Not only are they are a blot on the landscape, no one wants them and they are unreliable.. we need Nuclear Power.. and we need it NOW .. not in 25 years time..

so if they use NASA data,and it dates back to 1880,where did NASA get their data from before 1958 when NASA was established?????

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

Thats all well and good Jim if you can believe it because next year they'll bring out a new set of figures that will contradict these. The problem is we've been lied to by every politician that gets into power we now don't believe a word they say and most people see this an another excuse to pile more tax on us.

I've travelled through some of the worst polluting counties in the world the worst being China and it is a problem but taxing us to death is'nt going to sort it out when the worst polluting countries won't even sign the agreement to fight pollution. We create a tiny amount of the worlds pollution so where is all our money going???

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
lets not forget all the volcanic activity around the world:Doh:
lets not forget the earth shifting on it axis over the last century or two:Doh:
the only thing i can see that effects weather systems.is Desalination of our sea's that changes sea currant's that push warmer water further north than it used to having an affect on weather patterns.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thats all well and good Jim if you can believe it because next year they'll bring out a new set of figures that will contradict these. The problem is we've been lied to by every politician that gets into power we now don't believe a word they say and most people see this an another excuse to pile more tax on us.

Politicians as we all know are great at bending truths to suit their own ends.. ie lie.. it's the nature of the beast.. I wouldn't believe anything they say either..

We have to look at independent research by scientists who have no political axe to grind or affiliated to any organisation or company that would benefit from the results of their research .. ie, not beholden to them..

There are numerous sites with detailed figures of the Global temperatures stretching back thousands of years.. all show a dramatic rise since the start of the industrial revolution..

It would be nieve to think we can pump billions of tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere annually and it have no effect on global temperature which causes climate change to happen.

This is an article from Nature, the International Journal of Science where they explain where the figures come from .. not from politicians, but from dedicated scientists
http://www.nature.com/news/global-temperatures-are-close-to-11-000-year-peak-1.12564

This debate has been done to death on numerous Fun threads.. it's always the same result.. those who say it's just a load of smoke and mirrors to justify tax increases and those who think otherwise..

nothing will change by us debating, no ones opinion will change .. nothing I say will ever change anyone's view.. but reading independent reports may just help to clear the fog..

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
This reminds me of the other big con, the millenium bug! Remember that load of tosh? People were panicking so much they cleaned out supermarkets, and even built shelters. Planes were going to fall from the sky, even our prison was so brainwashed they asked for volunteers to come in over that period, I did a spate of nights because they were paying 5 times the standard rate :thumb:. So 2 nights before the event, new years eve 1999, and 2 nights following, to help correct everything that was supposed to go wrong...........And...........

Not a dickie bird :Blush:. Not a squeak :roflmto: . Nothing :ROFLMAO:. What a load of crap! What a nice earner :thumb:!

Craig

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
can someone tell me how? by us erecting hundreds of windmills all over the uk is going to help us reduce carbon emissions,when the carbon has already been released just manufacturing them and erecting them,or is it just a huge scam???

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
can someone also tell me why?? while we are shutting coal powered power stations,and burning biomass(wood)imported from the USA,germany is building more coal fired power stations and getting rid of nuclear power stations.we are an island of coal,coal is a clean fuel when used with a carbon recovery system:Doh:
stitched up and ripped off by the EU global warming tax thieves me think's, someone somewhere is going to make a huge pile of money,at the British taxpayers expense:RollEyes:
i have noticed that a lot of global warming campaigners are now multi millionaires/billionaires:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i still cant understand why, today, we get the blame for climate change/global warming.....or what ever you wish to call it.

i blame our forefathers.

industrial-revolution-2amiflt.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we are pressed and penalised into doing everything possible to stop it while China couldnt give a flying f### about it :Angry:

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp

But what research was done before the 70's??

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
so if they use NASA data,and it dates back to 1880,where did NASA get their data from before 1958 when NASA was established?????

Can we see a graph for the 200 years before 1880?

David Bellamy gave a good speech on TV the other year saying he didn't believe it and he is a good a tree hugger as i know - I think i believe him.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
we are pressed and penalised into doing everything possible to stop it [HI]while China couldnt give a flying f### about it[/HI] :Angry:

is that true... ?

Yes, they are heavily dependent on coal... but things are changing..

"Due to increasing concerns about air quality, climate change and fossil fuel shortages, nuclear power has been looked into as an alternative to coal power in China"

Mainland China has 17 nuclear power reactors in operation, 28 under construction, and more about to start construction.
Additional reactors are planned, including some of the world's most advanced, to give a five- or six-fold increase in nuclear capacity to at least 58 GWe by 2020, then possibly 200 GWe by 2030, and 400 GWe by 2050.
China has become largely self-sufficient in reactor design and construction, as well as other aspects of the fuel cycle.

Link Removed

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
I love that term "tree hugger" it sounds so cosy,Are you lot of fun lovers coming to Chester(weather permitting),We could build a big snowman and take it out on him!!or we could sort it out the peasants way FIIIIIGHT!!

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have to use water based (green)paint now for my buisness.
It is x2 more expensive than older ,solvent paint.

It takes x4 times more power to dry it than solvent paint.
SO, costs more to produce and costs x4 more in electricity and oil to cure it.

I now have a size 9 carbon footprint not a 5 :Eeek: = eco progress :ROFLMAO:

Most of the EU and USA still use the older type of paints= not fair :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back