Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
Iam trying to reset my truma heater water dump valve to close, perhaps with just one hand and to avoid the use of a clothes peg, the temp. at the moment should be low enough for it stay closed. Also the truma control is situated under the dinette seat and at low light i have to knell down with a torch to select the desired setting, has anyone had the same problem and resighted the control, I would not at all think of disconnecting the wires,but try and use up the slack of the existing wire. any ideas,many thanks yokeljohn.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Don't you mean 'the temperature at the moment should be HIGH enough for it to stay closed'? It opens at 4ºC and will not reset until the temperature reaches 8ºC. I would be surprised if the temperature is anywhere near 8 in your van at the moment unless you have a heater running. I have just been out in mine doing some work and it's bl**dy parky!

Run the Truma for a while until the area gets hot and then it should stay closed with no problem.

OP
OP
Y

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
Many thanks Jeanluc, Yes i did mean higher, i omitted the NOT, My temperture in the van is at 7 at the moment, because i am working inside the van and on the move it does feel warmer. Would you think that the temp. sensor for the dump valve is linked to the room thermostat? or would it have its own sensor nearer the valve ? If so it would, i imagine be colder where the heater is situated Thanks yokeljohn.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Run the heater on heat only (no water heating). Get the van warmed up a bit and it should stay closed then.:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Assuming its the earlier design auto dump valve it will sty closed if the heater is switched on. RTFI time. As for repositioning the control it should not be difficult, with the heater switched off you can safely unplug the cable from the control then you just need to decide where to site it and drill an apropriately sized hole and refit.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010