Mattress topper (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I am about to order a mattress topper from Memory Foam Warehouse and wondered if any of you can guide me on the comfort difference with the different densities? I plan on ordering a 5cm small double but am unsure whether to order the 45, 60 or 75kg density. Do any of you have any experience of the difference in comfort, if any? Would there be much difference between a 5cm 75kg and a 7.5cm 60kg as there is not much price difference? Any help would be appreciated. ::bigsmile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I am about to order a mattress topper from Memory Foam Warehouse and wondered if any of you can guide me on the comfort difference with the different densities? I plan on ordering a 5cm small double but am unsure whether to order the 45, 60 or 75kg density. Do any of you have any experience of the difference in comfort, if any? Would there be much difference between a 5cm 75kg and a 7.5cm 60kg as there is not much price difference? Any help would be appreciated. ::bigsmile:

Dont know what the price is but Aldi are selling
Memory foam K size at about £200 for the full job
not just a topper::bigsmile:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
i too have been looking for some sort of topper that can be rolled up.Surely they dont weigh in at 60 and 70kg? That wouldnt be something you could just tuck out the way.Am i being a little daft?:Blush:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
i too have been looking for some sort of topper that can be rolled up.Surely they dont weigh in at 60 and 70kg? That wouldnt be something you could just tuck out the way.Am i being a little daft?:Blush:

If you look on memory foam warehouse you will see the toppers come in 3 densities. I am also a bit confused by the weights but I understand it is to do with the comfort levels although what the mattresses would actually weigh I don't know.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I have just spoken to a very helpful lady at the Warehouse who advised me that a small double 60kg 7.5cms weighs less than 10kgs. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Those ratings are something to do with firmness, its 70 gms per square cm. Think thats what it is for.

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
The weights given are for the 1 cubic metre of the foam. They get slightly harder to the first feel as the weight increases but are generally more supportive. They are all pretty good but I'd go with your own body build as to which weight topper to have. If you have the body of a lightweight build go for the lowest kg, the medium for medium and if like me you're a bit of a heavyweight then you might find the higher kg is the one to go for.

I purchased two toppers a couple of years ago (cheapies with no KG rating shown) which I never used for what they were bought for. They went on the overcab bed one christmas to store out of the way but the next time I used the van I left them on and they are still on there as it's so comfortable (that's 2 x 2.5cm toppers) the down side is that to turn over in bed you have to lift yourself out of the "mould", turn over and lay back down again. Then it snuggles around you again.:roflmto:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Just been on the site and theres no mention of re rolling. Im not altogether sure they are designed for this? As its memory foam the rolled ones generally take a few hours to rise and be able to roll?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Just been on the site and theres no mention of re rolling. Im not altogether sure they are designed for this? As its memory foam the rolled ones generally take a few hours to rise and be able to roll?[/

You might need to ask them about re-rolling every night and how long they would take to settle. We have the space to chuck ours over the cab so we don't literally need to roll ours up. :thumb:

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have been rolling up our double topper for the last 2 years with no I'll effects, we also bought extra covers of eBay that have a zip on three sides for ease of fitting over the existing cover and use these as our bottom sheet

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back