Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
In announcing his retirement from the football scene, Michael Owen paid a touching tribute to all those who helped him along the way, to the pinnacle of his profession, including this to his Dad..... ""Last but not least, my dad. We did it my old mate! From those freezing local parks to terrorising the best defenders in the world on the biggest stages of all. I couldn't have done it without you.".

Well said Michael, you brought me/us many hours of enjoyment over the years and you did so without violence/petulance and/or scandal...... enjoy the rest of your life you deserve all that you have achieved.

Just a thought do we all thank those who help us in life, particularly family........ and do we do it often enough ? I don't, must do better !

Bryan

PS: See story here ........ http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21839361

Last edited:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Michael Owen

A nice bloke ,a great player and it was a shame he had so much injury he gave me so much pleasure to watch especially the goals for England against Germany ,I think the racing fraternity will be having a new trainer soon if they havent already well played michael enjoy your new life.:thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
A nice bloke ,a great player and it was a shame he had so much injury he gave me so much pleasure to watch especially the goals for England against Germany ,I think the racing fraternity will be having a new trainer soon if they havent already well played michael enjoy your new life.:thumb:

Excellent player all round good egg (Except for his choice of clubs)
hope he does as well in retirement
and if his horse racing is as good as his football he will be one to watch.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sampain

Free Member
Sep 1, 2012
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
As a lifelong Liverpool supporter and long time season ticket holder I would like to say thanks to Michael for the immense pleasure he gave, not just for Liverpool supporters, but for those memorable goals against Argentina and Germany for England.
Enjoy your new life Michael.

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
About time to be fair - he has had so long on injury, it isn't doing his reputation or the club that pays his wages any good at all!

Nice bloke, and great player in his day - but that is long gone.
People were beginning to forget the good times, and see him as a financial liability on the bench. No player wants their career to end being remembered for that.

You made the right decision lad!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thats what we will all say tomorrow night WHAT BUDGET...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back