Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:thumb:Hi
We have a small freezer box in our M/H, enough for 4 or 5 home cooked meals (curries, risotto's and so on). We nuke these in the popty-ping and hey presto....stuffed for the night.
Going away for 5 weeks shortly...not enough room in small freezer !!!
Wondered about buying a plug in portable freezer/ice box ?? to further our supply of home-cooked ready meals.
Anybody got any thoughts or ideas...????????

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
A plug in 12 volt "fridge" is not good enough to keep things frozen for long. They will defrost in a couple of days. Used one for years with the caravan but only for cooling beers, tonic, lemonade etc. so that the fridge was available for food only.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We have an Electrolux 3 way in the garage which when I leave home is turned up full and keeps meat frozen until I have room to put beer in it. I then turn it down and use it as a beer fridge. Bought from ebay second hand for £60. Works perfect as long as you remember to switch it over from 12 volt when parked up for any length of time. If I leave it on 12 volt whilst on hookup it just keeps freezing as the thermostat does not work on 12 volt, so have put a mains socket in the garage to plug it into.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
themogs

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Yeah, how about cooking fresh food, don't be so lazy :ROFLMAO:

Chocksaway, you're missing the point...SWMBO has already made the food fresh in her own kitchen from fresh ingredients !!!!!
We're looking for ways to carry this freshly made food with us !!!
:Doh::Angry::Doh::Angry::Doh::Angry:
We're NOT lazy :Angry:; just seeking some sound advice.
PS No oven in van :Angry:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Chocksaway, you're missing the point...SWMBO has already made the food fresh in her own kitchen from fresh ingredients !!!!!
We're looking for ways to carry this freshly made food with us !!!
:Doh::Angry::Doh::Angry::Doh::Angry:
We're NOT lazy :Angry:; just seeking some sound advice.
PS No oven in van :Angry:

Well, ok, I was a little harsh. Still, why don't you save the stuff already cooked for home use.

We won't have an oven, but we will have a Cobb Cooker :thumb:

All meant in best possible taste ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-including-extender-replaceable/dp/B004DR1X0M/ref=pd_sim_kh_13"]Andrew James 7 Litre Premium Halogen Oven including extender ring (up to 10 litres), baking and steamer trays, lid holder + 128 recipe book + an extra easily spare replaceable bulb + 2 Year Warranty: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back