Cab Step Protectors (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Remember reading ads for these last year, self adhesive aluminium and thinking what a good idea to save the plastic cab step cover which is easily scratched.

Cannot for life of me find them listed, tried googling zilch. Can anyone point me in the right direction. :thumb::thumb:

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
i am also looking for some. I believe there may be some adverts in mmmagazine. I remember reading about them abou t6 months ago. I will do a bit more searching and come back to you:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Why don't you get the step carpets, they are around 35 quid

Made my own step carpets from a B & Q carpet tile held in place by 2 of the plastic cover screws (screws are long enough)

Where do I find the carpets you mention?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
As an engineer give me "horrible" metal every time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the link, not cheap are they! I'll take a pic of my cheapo alternatives tomorrow (think the carpet tile was only a couple of quid and enough for 3 mats)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Made my own step carpets from a B & Q carpet tile held in place by 2 of the plastic cover screws (screws are long enough)

Where do I find the carpets you mention?

I made my own carpet mats for the two internal steps at the hab door.
Never though of doing the same on the cab steps. Might just do that tomorrow.

I just trimmed them exactly to size, and secured them with a little double sided tape.
They have been in place for two years so far, but are very easy to remove if required.

I used this expensive mat from Wilkinson.:RollEyes:

1484240_m.jpg

Broken Link Removed

Wilko Everyday Value Mat Ribbed Indoor 40 cm x 60cm, cost £0.88.
Very easy to cut.. :thumb:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Here's my tightwad answer to a step mat, did stirling service in my last MH for 30 months, easily brushed and washed,:thumb::thumb: (B & Q carpet tile enough for 3 mats)

Held in place by 2 of the long screws securing the plastic step covering

Attachments

• stepmat.jpg
    stepmat.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 53
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Remember reading ads for these last year, self adhesive aluminium and thinking what a good idea to save the plastic cab step cover which is easily scratched.

Cannot for life of me find them listed, tried googling zilch. Can anyone point me in the right direction. :thumb::thumb:

There was a company selling them in the classified section of MMM they were expensive at around £20. I made some myself out of checker plate bought on the internet for £5 (2mm). Just make a template out of cardboard and transfer the shape to the plate and cut round, file the edges, round the corners and there you are, simples.The adhesive pads didn't work to well so I fitted them through the existing screws on the step. When I sold the van I removed them and sold for £11 on EBay.

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
cab steps

Finally found site. Is www.cabsteps.com:thumb:

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
On a previous M/H the cab floor was somewhat devoid of carpeting. Found rolls on car carpeting on Ebay . Bought 2 rolls for the price of one and adhesive quite cheaply. Cut everything to fit and stuck the carpet down. Worked a treat much quieter and comfortable. Will do the step on the new one.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I bought some door mat from a roll . Cut to size . Job done . Is great if you have mucky feet . Lift out , give them a good bat back in . Had ours for years !! :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back