Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Department 87, Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A few years now had a break but back with a MH now
hi does anyone on here use an accommodation address? I left my last permanent address three months ago and as I applied for a refund on my community charge the local council have removed me from the voters register.

My mail forwarding at the moment goes to a business address but this will close next month (as Im now retired) So can anyone recommend a good secure address that will forward on the post, to camp sites etc?

I know narrow boat users have a system where its forwarded to marinas etc what about MH any users use anything similar?

I'm a sad git I dont have any relatives who can help.... dont even ask :roflmto:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I have looked at this in-depth, When I full time I will Probably use someone like this
http://www.mbe.co.uk/york
They have quite a few depots around the UK

I even tried the van insurance from the York Address, it was around £100 more a year then I pay now but it was accepted as an address for me

Duane

Last edited:

RogeTeri

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Abrantes, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
February 2013.
Would like to know too!

An interesting question, would be interested to read replies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Philiphall

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have looked at this in-depth, When I full time I will Probably use someone like this

Duane

Yeah I thought of mailboxes plc but you have to have a box number etc - which you cant use on your driving licence etc. Many years ago i used an address in Kentish Town (north London) lady there used to just post anything onto me and it was just an ordinary postal address - she used to advertise in the old exchange and mart magazine

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Yeah I thought of mailboxes plc but you have to have a box number etc - which you cant use on your driving licence etc. Many years ago i used an address in Kentish Town (north London) lady there used to just post anything onto me and it was just an ordinary postal address - she used to advertise in the old exchange and mart magazine[/QUOTE]

Wink wink nudge nudge :ROFLMAO: You could find all sorts of services in that publication :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Philiphall

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yeah I thought of mailboxes plc but you have to have a box number etc - which you cant use on your driving licence etc. Many years ago i used an address in Kentish Town (north London) lady there used to just post anything onto me and it was just an ordinary postal address - she used to advertise in the old exchange and mart magazine[/QUOTE]

Wink wink nudge nudge :ROFLMAO: You could find all sorts of services in that publication :ROFLMAO:

indeed you could - especially at the back lol

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

I even tried the van insurance from the York Address, it was around £100 more a year then I pay now but it was accepted as an address for me

Duane

I use these but in Sheffield. Have done for 4 years now.

Last year the DVLA got in touch and told me the address was no longer acceptable. I have to use a relative for my driving license now.

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I think that being removed from the voters register will play havoc with your credit rating.
Mike
Credit ???? who needs CREDIT??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
fultimers are loaded didn't you know that ? :Sad:

I use a family members address
its wrong the way the system is set up to keep tabs on us all
the big brother is here to stay :cry:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We've used a son's address for the last 4 years with no problems :Smile:

OP
OP
Philiphall

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Dont need credit if I think the money pot is running low I do some work -------- doesn't happen very often these days trying to retire and enjoy life done 41 years dont want any more! :ROFLMAO:

Deckard

Free Member
Mar 26, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
...looking
Exp
Noob
hi does anyone on here use an accommodation address? I left my last permanent address three months ago and as I applied for a refund on my community charge the local council have removed me from the voters register.

My mail forwarding at the moment goes to a business address but this will close next month (as Im now retired) So can anyone recommend a good secure address that will forward on the post, to camp sites etc?

I know narrow boat users have a system where its forwarded to marinas etc what about MH any users use anything similar?

I'm a sad git I dont have any relatives who can help.... dont even ask :roflmto:

did you get a solution?
its something on my mind as i want to go full time....

OP
OP
Philiphall

Philiphall

Free Member
Dec 28, 2012
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
did you get a solution?
its something on my mind as i want to go full time....

Hi Deckard no solution as yet (been too busy travelling) must get it sorted - I am still using the business address for post but have now found out HMRC will not allow me to use it as my main address but can use it as a correspondence address - which dosnt make sense to me.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think that being removed from the voters register will play havoc with your credit rating.
Mike
yes, strange one that....

if you aren't on the voting register you cant get regular credit as you dont have a confirmed address, yet the council still take the council tax off you.

I didnt realise i wasnt on the register (i refuse to vote) until i applied for a credit card only to be refused on those grounds.

5 min phonecall to the town hall sorted that out.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Just wondered

If you are taken off the voting register.

Why did I get letters from three political partys in the UK.

Saying As an ex pat i can still vote in the UK via the area at my last known address in the UK.

Thats in the days there where different political partys.

Now they all belong to the F--- you I'm alright Jack party.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
we have been full timing since the end of 2006, have never found an ideal solution to the problem, credit score is the least of the problems you will come across, doctors are not keen on taking you on and will refer you to walk in centres or give you the phone number of a helpline type thing, DVLA were not to bothered as long as they had a contact address, now here's one problem you really need to keep an eye out for, some insurance companies are now refusing to accept you unless you are on the electoral roll. At the moment we have it covered as far as anyone are concerned we live at my parents house and we are on the electoral roll, this is the only way we could find to sort it out, would be interested to hear of other peoples way around the problems I keep meaning to ask some of my traveller friends how they get over the problem but most of them are either now settled in houses or on proper sites.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
There is a 'danger' with accom addresses, Credit Reference Agencies are aware that they are not your home address and you will not be able to confirm that this is your address.
Secondly, the vast majority of anti fraud software have 'tables'/files which contain sucg addresses and 'may' flag up as being an accom address. Plus you will get a large number of individuals claiming to live at the same address. I know of at least one bank who set up a 'rule' that specifically declined all applications from these addresses and no doubt insurance companies will do the same.

The CRA's have also added two other markers to mst addresses;
Index of indebtness
Fraud Index.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Having no credit rating leads to no credit.

Not being allowed any credit leads to only buying stuff when you have the money to pay for it.

Obviously being a Freeloading, Skinflint Tosser I find the concept of giving fat capitalist companies profit from usuary unacceptable.

I have no credit rating and I love it!

Long live paying now and death to impatience.

And my adopted daughter allows me to use her address... I help her and her man out from time to time in exchange.

JJ :Cool:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Having no credit rating leads to no credit.

Not being allowed any credit leads to only buying stuff when you have the money to pay for it.

Obviously being a Freeloading, Skinflint Tosser [HI]I find the concept of giving fat capitalist companies profit from usuary unacceptable.[/HI]
I have no credit rating and I love it!

Long live paying now and death to impatience.

And my adopted daughter allows me to use her address... I help her and her man out from time to time in exchange.

JJ :Cool:

Link Removed
:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back