South of France (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi I am heading to the south of France over Easter and I am looking for any info on stop overs
things to see or do recomendations etc.
I will have with me Camperstop Europe, France passion, All The Aires and ACSI I think this should cover most eventualities .::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi I am heading to the south of France over Easter and I am looking for any info on stop overs
things to see or do recomendations etc.
I will have with me Camperstop Europe, France passion, All The Aires and ACSI I think this should cover most eventualities .::bigsmile:

sounds as if you have got it sorted:Smile:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Arles, Avignon, and Aigues-Mortes are all worth a visit - aires available at the latter two.

The Pont du Gard and Nimes too. There's a campsite close to the Pont du Gard. Uzes (just up the road) is quite quaint in the middle, and has a Haribo factory you can look round if you like sweets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010

We are also heading for south of france. shipping out 28th march, we have the same books as you,just received france passion this morning.

I have noticed most acsi + other campsites we had planned on stopping at do not open until 1st april, so we will give the aires and france passion sites a go. :thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
There are a few places en route that you could pause at and have a mooch around - Troyes, Reims, Fontainbleau, Chartres. Not all of them, obviously, or you'll never get to Aix en Provence, or wherever you plan on staying.

We stayed at a camp site called Le Crin Blanc which is just a few miles east of Arles and cycled into Arles for the day. Interesting frogs' chorus at night.

http://www.campingcrinblanc.com/

Not the best site we stayed on but quiet enough (though some of the facilities were shut up).

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back