Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My iPad time says 06:52 which is correct (I think) but my iPhone says 06:52. I thought that these things did an automatic sync somewhere in space.

Any ideas why?

Aren't they both saying the same time or is it a typo?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Aren't they both saying the same time or is it a typo?

Treacle, after all that legal training, WASTED…

The answer should have been “they are similar”, not the same, plus normal fee and disclaimer, 4448 pages of terms and conditions, Law Society approved, Dept of Justice. :winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Do you have it to "Set Automatically" on each machine? If so i thought they'd be the same.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
settings
general
date and time..

You can select auto or manual time.. check they are on same setting..
Also. They need a wifi internet connection for the auto setting to work !!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
settings
general
date and time..

You can select auto or manual time.. check they are on same setting..
Also. They need a wifi internet connection for the auto setting to work !!

Is that why my Iphone won't change time when we're abroad and I have to do it manually??
Bloody crap if it is even the £10 cheapy my missus got does it automatically:Angry:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Iphone
I've had mine about 3 or 4 months now and only had it because it was free, don't need to pay for a phone with all the deals nowadays.
Its ok but its not the all singing and dancing item that some folks make it out too be, but compared to the Blackberry its light years ahead.
The Blackberry was the worst phone I've ever owned a total piece of junk I can't believe anyone would ever have a second.:Doh:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It is not generic to the Iphone, it happens with all automated clocks, or UTC (Universal Time Clock)

It is down to the software, which has a glitch and gains x amount of time each month. Sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes a minute depending on the item.

The UTC was started on 1st Jan 1970 at 00:00:00 - since then it has been counting days in milliseconds (86,400,000/ day).....I know some totally useless stuff eh?? I remember stuff like this, but will forget your name a couple of hours after meeting you! ::bigsmile:

Anyway - due to the Earth's movement through the solar system, this figure changes through season and time. To date no software can change the way in which it counts accurately as you cannot pre-program earths' movement and improve that deficit, it would actually make it worse. So it is left as is as it is more accurate than not having it at all, but is not flawless as people believe.

You should be able to reset it and maximum of 1-2 minutes a week depending on device.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
It is not generic to the Iphone, it happens with all automated clocks, or UTC (Universal Time Clock)

It is down to the software, which has a glitch and gains x amount of time each month. Sometimes 30 seconds, sometimes a minute depending on the item.

The UTC was started on 1st Jan 1970 at 00:00:00 - since then it has been counting days in milliseconds (86,400,000/ day).....I know some totally useless stuff eh?? I remember stuff like this, but will forget your name a couple of hours after meeting you! ::bigsmile:

Anyway - due to the Earth's movement through the solar system, this figure changes through season and time. To date no software can change the way in which it counts accurately as you cannot pre-program earths' movement and improve that deficit, it would actually make it worse. So it is left as is as it is more accurate than not having it at all, but is not flawless as people believe.

You should be able to reset it and maximum of 1-2 minutes a week depending on device.

Bloody Hell I bet you're a quiz champion:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I remember a time when we relied on wind-up watches and clocks:Doh:

- I haven't owned or worn a watch for 20 years !

- when did 3 minutes become so important ?
:ROFLMAO:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

I can recall many times when even less than 3 minutes were very very important....:winky::winky:

To me at least.........:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I can recall many times when even less than 3 minutes were very very important....:winky::winky:

To me at least.........:RollEyes::RollEyes:

I'm surprised it took so long..............

......................to respond

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

After the first quarter of the 4 Min Nuclear attack warning:Doh::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back