LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thinking (only thinking at this stage ) of changing the front seats in the van -anyone got any susgestions on a doner vehicle seats ? I can easy fit them to my swivels and recover so not fussey just want comfort
terry

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
I just bought a 2001 Fiat Scudo and I tell you what!
The drivers seat is the most comfortable car seat I have ever had to date
Must be a fair few of those in the scrap yards

Duane

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
How about a couple of Saab 9. 5 seats very comfy and height adjustment built in ,most with heaters and if leather very durable!
When we travel to Scotland I often don't stop for a break and Mrs Vlad says its as comfy as the chair at home.

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Volvo 960 seats, feels like your favourite arm chair.

Kevc

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Compact Leisure vehicle
Exp
Since 2011
Volvo S60, a mate had one and I swear the seats were as comfy as my sofa

Kev

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Ford Scorpio seats are the dogs doo dahs,awful car great seats especially in leather!

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thinking (only thinking at this stage ) of changing the front seats in the van -anyone got any susgestions on a doner vehicle seats ? I can easy fit them to my swivels and recover so not fussey just want comfort
terry

Check if you need M1 standard before choosing.

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
SAAB

How about a couple of Saab 9. 5 seats very comfy and height adjustment built in ,most with heaters and if leather very durable!
When we travel to Scotland I often don't stop for a break and Mrs Vlad says its as comfy as the chair at home.

Vlad

I had a Saab 9000 and it was the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned.

If they fit I would recommend them also:thumb:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I had a Saab 9000 and it was the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned.

If they fit I would recommend them also:thumb:

I've had a few SAABs and endorse the above.

Got my last set of Scottish leather seats for a pound off eBay, to replace the velour ones in a 900 SE.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
All depends on what you want from your seats really Terry. I have mondeo seats in our Iveco and we find them acceptable while travelling but very comfortable on site when they're swivelled and are our only seats. In my MX5 I have Cobra Monaco S race seats and they're very firm, supportive and comfortable for driving but not very forgiving as a lounging seat I'd suspect. Purely my own view but seats need to be of different construction for driving or lounging to my mind.

D.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I doubt he drives his Motorhome like you drive your Mazda,a sports car needs firm supportive seats however things are meant to be more leisurely in a mh.
If however Terry you do,make sure you fit a commode to your passenger seat,as when your drifting round corners at 90 and breaking heavily.I feel your passenger may feel like shitting themselves!

Vlad

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I doubt he drives his Motorhome like you drive your Mazda,a sports car needs firm supportive seats however things are meant to be more leisurely in a mh.
If however Terry you do,make sure you fit a commode to your passenger seat,as when your drifting round corners at 90 and breaking heavily.I feel your passenger may feel like shitting themselves!

Vlad

Thanks Vlad, very helpful!

I used two extremes to try and illustrate my point that seats need different construction depending on what you intend to do in them, driving is generally better with a firm and supportive seat under you while lounging is generally better in softer more compliant seats, purely my humble opinion.

D.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
While both seats swivel I am looking at more comfortable for driving after 3 or 4 hours :thumb:
The Iveco seats are good but I now find after a few hours I get out stiff and aching. ::bigsmile: probably more a reflection on me than the seats ::bigsmile:
I was surprised that no one mentioned merc seats, but quite happy with Volvo, saab and old Scorpio one's :thumb:
I actually found the spare material I had squirreled away yesterday :Smile: hence my thinking.After 6 years it is obvious I don't need it anywhere else in the van, so I may well look at the seat change and recover to match :thumb:
Thanks everyone :thumb:
Terry

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
In our old Dethleffs Globetrotter, a previous owner had fitted leather Range Rover seats which were great. He'd also fitted the electronic adjusters. Both seats had arm rests too.

Steve :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back